Hacking Quick : SCDS1 or Cyclo?

Gore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I can swap out my supercard for a cyclo if I do it inn the next 3 hours or so.
should i do it?
I would like the better cheat system, slo-mo and the faster menu/boot
does cyclo bypass / auto touch on the warning screen like supercard?
wacko.gif

yeah.. i think i should go for cyclo, thoughts?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the supercard has better features than the cyclo though
its just a bit harder to use
i thought the cyclo had a bad cheat system?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boligrafo said:
does cyclo bypass / auto touch on the warning screen like supercard?
wacko.gif
No. It doesn't have a spring loaded microSD slot like the SCDS1 does, if that matters to you.

The feature sets are fairly similar between the two carts. The SCDS1 has in-game guides (i.e. it can display a text file inside the game), and the Evo has in-game screen brightness control and built in support for the 3-in-1.

I haven't used an SCDS1 yet so I can't comment on its inteface, but the Evo's interface is very user friendly.

Gore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hurm.. I'll search for how to use YSmenu or BlissOS or whatever it is. :|
I guess I mostly wanted Cyclo's support of Narin's dat and Slo-Mo.
If Cyclo even supports the dat..

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have both the SCDS1 and the CycloDS, and if I had to smash one up with a hammer, then it would have to be bye bye SCDS1
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I love the SCDS1, the Cyclo does indeed have a better GUI. Still, the SCDS1 has few more features that make it the most feature loaded cart available.

Although, the SCDS1 has a few more features that make it better.

And the support level is very similar, since the Supercard team has never dropped support for any of their product, as of yet. And they've been around since the introduction of the DS flashkarts. They're very reliable. Although their forum support lacks greatly, they make it up with endless support.

Cyclo seems to have a bigger userbase, and the Cyclo team makes very frequent updates. They answer questions on their forums, etc.

So, their level of support is about the same, and they're very evenly matched. I personally prefer the Supercard team, only because of the fact that they didn't drop support, even for their old slot-2s.

If the GUI matters and only require few of the features, then get the Cyclo.
If the features matter more than the GUI, then get the SCDS1.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
As much as I love the SCDS1, the Cyclo does indeed have a better GUI. Still, the SCDS1 has few more features that make it the most feature loaded cart available.

you repeated yourself >.<
sorry im like OCD

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
ojsinnerz said:

you repeated yourself >.<
sorry im like OCD

Actually, they don't have the same meaning. They're very similar, but they're not.

In the first paragraph, I said because of the features, the SCDS1 is the most feature loaded cart available.

But in the second, I said that because of the features the SCDS1 may look better. (Because of the features. It may appeal more.)

So, they actually mean different things.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:

And the support level is very similar, since the Supercard team has never dropped support for any of their product, as of yet. And they've been around since the introduction of the DS flashkarts. They're very reliable. Although their forum support lacks greatly, they make it up with endless support.

Cyclo seems to have a bigger userbase, and the Cyclo team makes very frequent updates. They answer questions on their forums, etc.

So, their level of support is about the same, and they're very evenly matched. I personally prefer the Supercard team, only because of the fact that they didn't drop support, even for their old slot-2s.

What are these features that the SCDS1 has that the Cyclods Doesn't, apart from the in game guide?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Tanas said:
I have both the SCDS1 and the CycloDS, and if I had to smash one up with a hammer, then it would have to be bye bye SCDS1
smile.gif

QUOTE(Tanas @ Jul 7 2008, 01:59 AM) What are these features that the SCDS1 has that the Cyclods Doesn't, apart from the in game guide?

multi-save, tripple OS system, 3 cheat engines via the triple OS including the native real-time one. But i thought you had a scds-1, why would you ask ?

btw, before you smash it up with that hammer maybe should learn how to use it properly so you know at least what features it has.

edit.. oh yeh, and non sticky out memory card

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanas said:
ojsinnerz said:

What are these features that the SCDS1 has that the Cyclods Doesn't, apart from the in game guide?

-Multi-save
-Tripple-OS
-Boots multimedia without launching any homebrews.

Does the Cyclo have the In-game Cheats? I'm not sure if it does or not, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, here's what Urza wrote awhile back.

"CycloDS:

Much faster and more smooth menus
Wii connectivity
Built-in 3in1 support

Supercard DS One:

Better slow-motion
In-game cheat menu
More customizable menu

The SCDS1 is the more feature-ful of the two, the CycloDS has the much faster menus. If its significant to you, the SCDS1 is spring-loaded while the CycloDS isn't."

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sidneyyoung said:
Tanas said:

multi-save, tripple OS system, 3 cheat engines via the triple OS including the native real-time one. But i thought you had a scds-1, why would you ask ?

edit.. oh yeh, and non sticky out memory card

So you think the scsd1 being able to run the TTDS and Ysmenu OS's give it any advantages over the CycloDS? I think not, this option is that irrelevant, I even forgot that you could, but I must admit though the RealTime Cheat Code is a nice feature and as for the multi save option, it's OK but nothing special.

Edit: The SCDS1 is better than I thought now that I've had a proper play with it, but I still think that its not as good as the CycloDS and the SCDS1 would still get the hammer
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo