Hacking Quick question - Updating emuNAND

moopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

I have a quick question regarding how to update my emuNAND.

First off, here is some system info/specs:
N3DS
Downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2
Created emuNAND with emuNAND9 (then unlinked)
Installed boot manager and themehax to now be cold booting into rxTools
Created both sys and emu NAND backups with emuNAND9

That's it for my system. I injected FBI into the H&S app, and used that to install Stella Glow, and tested it out. Seems to be running flawlessly.

I wish to update my emuNAND to 9.5, simple as that. I searched, and read that the method would be to enter emuNAND (rxTools for me), install the cia version of sysUpdater, and launch that (after CONFIRMING that I am in emuNAND) and update via the correct update cia pack in the "updates" folder on the root of my SD card. Exactly the same setup as I used to downgrade, only different method of launching sysUpdater.

Now for my question. On every version of sysUpdater, I see in BLATANT sight a warning not to use with firmware spoofing CFW, and it gives an example of rxTools. I asked in another thread, but only got one other person who responded saying that it's alright, and to just launch sysUpdater in rxTools anyways despite the warning there. It's not that I don't trust him, and I am extremely grateful for the advice, I just wish to hear from other angles and people that this warning is safe to overlook, and I can indeed use rxTools to install sysUpdater and use it while still in rxTools CFW to update my emuNAND.

On a side note, if any of this information is incorrect, and there is a better, more correct way to do it that is safer via a different tool, or different CFW, would you please explain to me how to do it, and possibly provide links? As I stated, I just recently downgraded, and am one of the innumerable "noobs" running around, so I apologize if this has been already covered and I have missed it in plain sight.

Reactions: Gwstas

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's alright, and to just launch sysUpdater in rxTools anyways despite the warning there.
this is correct as long as you are indeed in emunand (and have a backup) there is no worry

the warning should not be taken to heart even if you butt-fuck emunand you can just reinject your old one and do away with said butt-fuckin lol

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc