Hacking Quick question on AK2i update for DSi 1.4

ToneEQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to update my 4th AK2i cart on a DS Lite, when i remove and re-insert the cart, the DS reboots. This didn't happen on my first 3 carts and they all flashed fine and work on a DSi. Does it mean this cart has already been updated? I don't have a DSi around at the moment to test it out.

ToneEQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jak larnak said:
Update this cart alone with the "DSi" labelled file.

Yeah, that did the trick. Thanks.

I didn't think of that as it just contradicts this guide:
Setting up your Acekard 2.1/Acekard 2i, How to set your acekard up.

somerandomguyO_ODepending on what console you will be using, choose the dsi file if your updating the acekard on a dsi, or the dsl file if you have a ds light to update on

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSi does not allow you to eject the cart beyond the DSi Menu, while the DS Lite does. That's why the two firmware update files are named the way they are, both are identical except the DSL one allows you to eject the cart so you can unbrick another.

In the Guide Jak has already linked to, I took all the 'blue screen' photos of the both updates in progress using a DS Lite.

While both will run on a DS Lite, there's simply less chance of anything going wrong if you use the DSi file.

As for your other question, no it doesn't already mean it's been updated. I've updated mine many times and it still goes to 100% progress and doesn't reboot.

1st try using the DSi file. If that doesn't work, initiate the DSL update on one of your other Acekards then switch the carts as in the guide. Failing that it could be a clone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte