GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Softmod Wii 4.1U. Do I need to upgrade it to 4.2 to Play Wii Sport resort Backup or original game?
Or is there any game that I won;t be able to play if my Wii is not 4.2?

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I can play any game on Wii 4.1u? then why does some people update their system? only for shop channel or there's something else?

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
C175R said:
So I can play any game on Wii 4.1u? then why does some people update their system? only for shop channel or there's something else?

well to the best of my knowledge, there is no game out at the moment that has anything higher than system menu 3.4 on disc. so you dont need to be on anything higher than that.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok.?thanks
grog.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
C175R said:

Shop is one thing, others installing an update is another.
You can sometimes find it hard to find files necessary, if you update after everyone else.
If your wii is in warranty then you might as well update to 4.2 now.

There are a few things that don't seem to work in 4.2, as eventually you'll probably want to update then you might as well take the pain now.
The longer you stick on a version, the more shock it will be when you do.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
C175R said:
4.0 came out for the SD menu and I'm sure 4.1 was meant to fix or to something to the M+ in SR. 4.2 was to rid thew HBC, cIOSes and BootMii so there aren't really any games that need 4.2.

So, to answer your Q, yes you can play in on 4.1. Because it's asking for an update it could just be updating an IOS (shop channel or you might have a lower version IOS than the game needs) and not necessarily be wanting to update to 4.2.

If you're worried about the update, this is a neat little app that skips it: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, Sports Resort... have this game since nearly 3 1/2 month but never played it till today... too lazy to connect the WiiMotion+ to my remote.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm sure 4.1 was meant to fix or to something to the M+ in SR

Correct.

QUOTEPlayers, however, have discovered that the reason for the update is because of a glitch related to Wii Sports Resort. When the game starts, it shows the player an instructional video of how to properly install and calibrate Wii MotionPlus. Whenever a game is played off the SD Card, Wii Sports Resort shows the video again - even if the player has already seen it.

Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=19069

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir VG said:
QUOTE said:
I'm sure 4.1 was meant to fix or to something to the M+ in SR

Correct.

QUOTEPlayers, however, have discovered that the reason for the update is because of a glitch related to Wii Sports Resort. When the game starts, it shows the player an instructional video of how to properly install and calibrate Wii MotionPlus. Whenever a game is played off the SD Card, Wii Sports Resort shows the video again - even if the player has already seen it.

Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=19069

Ooo
blink.gif
Ok. thanks everyone!
yay.gif

really helpful
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.