Hacking Quick question about USB loader

jabmaster2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friends wii DVD drive is broken and I was wondering if the USB loader worked with a broken DVD drive? I remember that you needed the DVD drive still attachted but not sure if it matter if it needed to still read disk. Also I know there is a way to play the games off USB that use to require a disk in the drive (Aka metroid) without a disk in a drive. Was that fixed by a cios like rev12 or 13 or is it fixed in the new loaders? Thanks for your help

jabmaster2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's what I was asking if USB loader would still work with a DVD drive that no longer read disk. Thanks man. Also how u play metroid from USB without disk? Is that a cios fix or loader fix?

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
My friends wii DVD drive is broken and I was wondering if the USB loader worked with a broken DVD drive? I remember that you needed the DVD drive still attachted but not sure if it matter if it needed to still read disk. Also I know there is a way to play the games off USB that use to require a disk in the drive (Aka metroid) without a disk in a drive. Was that fixed by a cios like rev12 or 13 or is it fixed in the new loaders? Thanks for your help

Well.....
YES your friend will be able to PLAY games if the drive in the wii is broke with a USB loader. But how are you planning on getting the games onto the hard drive? Most of the time you put games onto the hard drive by putting them into the Wii and then it loads them to the hard drive. You will not be able to do this though since the drive is broke. The only way you will be able to get the games onto the hard drive is by loading the games onto a computer and then putting them on the hard drive. And you cant do this with just any disc drive on your computer. Only certain ones will read Wii disc. See the list here

Dr4c0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he can download just the games he has......or if he himself has a wii he can load them up for his friend...

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Well.....
YES your friend will be able to PLAY games if the drive in the wii is broke with a USB loader. But how are you planning on getting the games onto the hard drive? Most of the time you put games onto the hard drive by putting them into the Wii and then it loads them to the hard drive. You will not be able to do this though since the drive is broke. The only way you will be able to get the games onto the hard drive is by loading the games onto a computer and then putting them on the hard drive. And you cant do this with just any disc drive on your computer. Only certain ones will read Wii disc. See the list here

Do you really believe that most people get most of their games onto hdd by ripping them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol