Xandu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Does the retail copy of SSBB NTSC work on Wiikey at the moment?

If not, is there a way around it without having to burn a DVD9 ISO? Like disabling the Wiikey?

Thanks.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No it doesn't work normally.

You can disable the Wiikey by updating it with a firmware and then unplugging the Wii to escentially fry your Wiikey. Then you can perform an update afterwards to restore its functionality.

Highly not recommended but possible.

Or you could open the Wii and put a switch on the Wiikey.

Xandu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Aww crap, what about the DVD9 version, does it have any crashes/freeze/green text 541t? I may burn it on an HP DL disc.

Also, wtf is up with those cleaning service? My Wii is a D2A one, do I need this cleaning service or is it non-model dependant?

wiiuser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really not too bad to burn it onto DVD9....if you are savvy you can use trucha signer to remove the 001 check before burning so you can stay on 1.9b

Cleaning service is recommended for people who are having trouble reading DL discs with their wii. I don't believe it is model specific....it's more environmental specific.....if you smoke...then you probably have a higher chance of having a dirty lens....

You can try to clean it yourself or send in your wii to nintendo.

I'd try to get decent DL media and see if it works first before worrying about the lens not able to read DL properly.

GL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-