Hacking Quick question about CBHC

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi when I finish installing CBHC doing all the steps is it okay to just format sdcard or do I require some files to be left on I am following this guide: wiiu.guide also on the guide it does mention to put config.txt in /haxchi/ which I did but it wanted to be overwritten I am concerned about that.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi when I finish installing CBHC doing all the steps is it okay to just format sdcard or do I require some files to be left on I am following this guide: wiiu.guide also on the guide it does mention to put config.txt in /haxchi/ which I did but it wanted to be overwritten I am concerned about that.
1. You can format your SD and it won't affect CBHC. What will affect CBHC is messing with HaxChi.

2. The config.txt file is the instructions for running HaxChi by itself. HaxChi has to be reinstalled to apply changes to config.txt so simply copying it won't hurt anything. If you do reinstall HaxChi after installing CBHC then I hope you have a large stack of papers that needs holding down because you will have a nice paper weight after that. You will brick for sure if you do that.

I really wish people would stop following that piece if shite guide.

Reactions: Deleted User

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
after isntalling CBHC you instal the hbl official channel and start it from that channel so you no longer need haxchi.

Last edited by pedro702,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
CBHC still needs HaxChi lol
not it doesnt ... i got only cbhc and hbl and i run anything you dont need a secondary ds title to install haxchi at all.

cbhc boots with sigatches enabled and you can run hbl app straight out of boot why do you need haxchi explain that to me?

also if you instal haxchi over a title that was turned into cbhc you will most likely brick your console...

CBHC already has a moded haxchi cfw inside it so he doesnt need haxchi, cbhc is enough for everything by itself as long as you install the hbl channel to wiiu main menu.

Last edited by pedro702,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not it doesnt ... i got only cbhc and hbl and i run anything you dont need a secondary ds title to install haxchi at all.

cbhc boots with sigatches enabled and you can run hbl app straight out of boot why do you need haxchi explain that to me?

also if you instal haxchi over a title that was turned into cbhc you will most likely brick your console...

CBHC already has a moded haxchi cfw inside it so he doesnt need haxchi, cbhc is enough for everything by itself as long as you install the hbl channel to wiiu main menu.
Semantics. You're correct, after installing CBHC you don't use HaxChi. But it's still there. CBHC stands for ColdlBootHaxChi. You have to have HaxChi installed for CBHC to work.

I didn't want to confuse the OP into thinking it's okay to remove HaxChi after CBHC is installed because he "no longer needs HaxChi" as you pointed out. CBHC very much needs HaxChi to run and if you mess with it you're bricked.

I think you know all this though. Were just arguing wording (semantics)

Last edited by Kafluke,

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just one more quick question before i start doing this I got another wii u pre-owned i registered a new NNID but brain training was free do you think I would brick if I used this since it was already free thinking it might of been free due to 2014 and another NNID?

EDIT: never mind i bit the bullet and it worked just fine

Last edited by itsjch,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just one more quick question before i start doing this I got another wii u pre-owned i registered a new NNID but brain training was free do you think I would brick if I used this since it was already free thinking it might of been free due to 2014 and another NNID?

EDIT: never mind i bit the bullet and it worked just fine
being free or not doesnt matter once youg get something that title is signed to your nnid so it works, if you delte that nnid and put yours you loose acess to the title and brick if you have cbhc.

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
being free or not doesnt matter once youg get something that title is signed to your nnid so it works, if you delte that nnid and put yours you loose acess to the title and brick if you have cbhc.
Dont worry I made a folder and put the game in that folder then pushed the game in the folder all way back then pushed the folder all the way to the back and put DO NOT OPEN OR DIE!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end