• Views 513,755
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, it's me again. I just got the wii and it's actually the 1st revision (it has a gc memory card and controller port 😍) my first plan was to just buy games second hand but i can't find the games i want and if i find them they're unfairly priced, so i really wanna softmod the wii. Considering that I've modded my dsi without any trouble i would mod my wii, but it's actually my parents wii so I'd have to convince them.. and knowing them it would take a lot to convince them. So, what are the benefits of modding the wii, and if we just use it to play wii/gc from usb, are we safe from bricks? And how hard is the modding process?
Also, can we play wii game discs and connect the balance board?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what are the benefits of modding the wii,
Well playing Wii & GC games from a usb or external hdd, as well as various emulators and homebrew apps etc.
and if we just use it to play wii/gc from usb, are we safe from bricks?
Yes, it's should be safe if you take the necessary precautions.. To be specific, your system should have Priiloader & BootMii installed and with it you make a nand backup, in case of a brick, you use your nand backup to restore your system (if a brick ever happens).

Things that can cause a brick is installing wad files that are of dubious origin (most of the time), or ones that are corrupted.
I'd suggest steering away from creating wad files yourself (forwarders or else), and stuff like VC Injects too. Unless you really know what you're doing and of course having a nand backup in hand.
And how hard is the modding process?
Fairly easy, you can use ModMii to mod your system or use the Wii.guide. Just follow the steps.
You should provide the necessary information to ModMii in order gather the correct files and softmods. Like your firmware version, exploit type etc.
All you need is an sdcard (formatted as Fat32) to get you started.
Also, can we play wii game discs and connect the balance board?
Yes, the Wii should function as normal with the added benefits i discussed above.

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i searching over internet and can't find a way to install wad DLC on USB HDD. Is that possible to install DLC on USB HDD or it must required SD card ?.
i use USB Loader GX on boot/return too btw

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What does "DSI" in "Exception DSI ocurred" stands for?
Post automatically merged:

Well i searching over internet and can't find a way to install wad DLC on USB HDD. Is that possible to install DLC on USB HDD or it must required SD card ?.
i use USB Loader GX on boot/return too btw
WAD DLC content gets installed in Wii's Memory.

Reactions: warriosbest

MyError

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I set my Wii to boot to its emunand and I have the Open Homebrew Channel on it. When I run USB Loader GX, it freezes at "loading config files" step. Similarly, Wiiflow Lite also freezes. Is it not possible to run USB Loader GX or Wiiflow Lite from emunand?

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed bootmii as boot2, is there a way I can skip the menu and go straight to the wii menu, or do I have to press the power button every time?

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed bootmii as boot2, is there a way I can skip the menu and go straight to the wii menu, or do I have to press the power button every time?
You can skip the BootMii menu by renaming the BootMii folder to anything else on the SD card.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this to set a timer like 2 secs or something, and it will exit BootMii after that. And you wouldn't need to press any button.

Other possible solutions :
- removing the sd card before boot.
- removing BootMii folder from the sd (temporarily).
- renaming the BootMii folder as suggested.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use this to set a timer like 2 secs or something, and it will exit BootMii after that. And you wouldn't need to press any button.
You could just open the configuration file in Notepad++ or a similar text-editing program and modify it that way.
Post automatically merged:

But either way, renaming the BootMii folder is the best solution.

Reactions: jeannotte

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, when i was editing mine it didn't work for me for some reason, even though everything was correct. That app made it work.
Maybe try re-installing BootMii. I don't know, just a suggestion.

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I open Wiimc, it says something about the iOS not being supported. How can I fix it? Do I have to install something with d2x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!