Hacking QUICK/NEWBIE QUESTIONS here!

• Thread starter OSW
  • Start date
  • Views 513,410
  • Replies 3,814
  • Likes 6

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's what i used when i tried it, and it works with discs (legit or burned) as is, without the need of burning a patched iso etc.
Same here

Reactions: jeannotte

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if it requires having online functions set up or not, but if it is, you'd need to set up Wiimfii (if you haven't already), and the game (MK Wii) should be patched (disc or otherwise).
I have the Wiimfi patcher set up via priiloder and can play online

soveneth

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I'm having trouble playing backups, I've tried installing v6 to v10 d2x cias and get a black screen while loading the games from a hdd, also I've tried using different hdds or loading from a SD card and no success :(
Post automatically merged:

Hi, I'm having trouble playing backups, I've tried installing v6 to v10 d2x cias and get a black screen while loading the games from a hdd, also I've tried using different hdds or loading from a SD card and no success :(
Sorry forgot to add a syscheck
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition por JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, y Nano
...ejecutado en IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
Menu de Sistema 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader instalado
Fecha de la unidad: 14.07.2008
Canal Homebrew 1.1.2 ejecutandose en IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
ID de consola: 121484123
Tipo de consola: Wii
Pais del Canal Tienda: Chile (20)
Boot2 v4
97 titulos encontrados.
Se encontraron 51 IOS en esta consola. 4 de ellos son stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Sin Parches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS12 (rev 526): Sin Parches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS20[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS21 (rev 1039): Sin Parches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Sin Parches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Sin Parches
IOS30[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS31 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS40[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS41 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS50[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS51 (rev 4864, Info: rev 4633): Sin Parches
IOS52[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS53 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Sin Parches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS61 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Sin Parches
IOS70[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS80[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Bug Trucha, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS251[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535
Reporte generado el 21/12/2022.

Last edited by soveneth,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry forgot to add a syscheck
Your syscheck looks good.
What version of usbloadergx or Wiiflow lite are you using?
I'd recommend using this modded version for usbloadergx, or the latest Wiiflow Lite v.5.5.3.
Other than that, make sure the hdd is plugged into port 0, or use a y-cable if you have one.
You should verify the hash of the wbfs files in WiiBackupmanager to make they're not corrupt.

opi3636

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Can my wii brick if I install WAD's from trusted sites like this one?
I mean, if it works with other people, is there a chance to brick my wii?
I don't want to brick my wii, but I like the SNES channel.

Thank You!

Eddy Wallyfish
it shouldn't brick your wii but always have a nand backup and priiloader set up

Quickly. So what are the most upto date loaders I should be using to play firstly Wii and then secondly Gamecube isos? I've totally lost track.

Thanks alot!
i use wiiflow for gc and usbloadergx for wii. from what i know they are the best ones (both of them can play wii and gc i just use a flash drive for wii and the sd card for gc)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Also use some yawmm mod to install WADs. Priiloader will protect u if u install a bad channel or theme, but not if u install a new system menu for the wrong region or without a corresponding system menu ios. Anyone could take a 3.2K System menu wad, and rename it to ReallyCoolChannel.wad and it could brick even consoles that have priiloader and nand backup (consoles with bootmii installed as boot2 would be fine). Some yawmm mod will actually check the contents of the wads and prevent u from installing another region system menu or a system menu without corresponding system menu IOS, or a stubbed system menu IOS, etc.

Reactions: CoolMe

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had my launch Wii (earliest version of RVL-001, bought November 2006) sitting on 4.1U ever since I first hacked it (with twilight hack I think, the first time anyway). The last time I updated it was to switch from using some older game launcher to using CFG USB Loader so that I could load GC games as well as Wii games. I have no idea when that was, and to be honest this was all a lifetime ago, I have no idea what I did then.

So my question is, do I have any reason to update my Wii to newer version, and do I have any reason to re-apply homebrew? All I really do is load GC/Wii games off of USB.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have had my launch Wii (earliest version of RVL-001, bought November 2006) sitting on 4.1U ever since I first hacked it (with twilight hack I think, the first time anyway). The last time I updated it was to switch from using some older game launcher to using CFG USB Loader so that I could load GC games as well as Wii games. I have no idea when that was, and to be honest this was all a lifetime ago, I have no idea what I did then.

So my question is, do I have any reason to update my Wii to newer version, and do I have any reason to re-apply homebrew? All I really do is load GC/Wii games off of USB.
It is recommended to update your Wii to the latest System Menu version because most homebrew are designed for the later versions in mind, especially for cIOS.

I personally recommend following this guide to re-mod your Wii: https://wii.guide

Reactions: actualkoifish

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're not missing anything if you have the necessary cIOSs installed. Maybe post a syscheck and we'd see if you're missing any.
Btw, just drag and drop the generated syscheck file onto ModMii, and it'll tell your system needs & what to do..
You should use this version of usbloadergx. And/ or this version Wiiflow Lite.
Also the usb drive, it's recommended to use an external hdd formatted as Fat32, you could use a ntfs formatted one but you can't use it to play GC games (Nintendont).

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I figured out some stuff. Simplifying post.

I recently got a family edition wii (RVL-101, blue in case that helps to date it) and I've finished running through the newest guide on wii.guide, but I'm having one small issue.

I'm working on testing the USB Loader functionality, and I've found that CFG USB Loader finds games, but only Wii games. Showing GC games in the USB Loader menu works fine on my original Wii; Is it an extra step needed for Family Edition models? I've verified Nintendont works, including creating virtual memory cards. I just am not sure what to do to enable GC games appearing in the CFG USB Loader window.

Last edited by actualkoifish,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I figured out some stuff. Simplifying post.

I recently got a family edition wii (RVL-101, blue in case that helps to date it) and I've finished running through the newest guide on wii.guide, but I'm having one small issue.

I'm working on testing the USB Loader functionality, and I've found that CFG USB Loader finds games, but only Wii games. Showing GC games in the USB Loader menu works fine on my original Wii; Is it an extra step needed for Family Edition models? I've verified Nintendont works, including creating virtual memory cards. I just am not sure what to do to enable GC games appearing in the CFG USB Loader window.
Make sure you're using the latest cfg version.
Actually, not sure if it supports GC or not..
Is there a specific reason why you're using the cfg version? If not, i suggest trying with this version usbloadergx, or Wiiflow Lite.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're using the latest cfg version.
Actually, not sure if it supports GC or not..
Is there a specific reason why you're using the cfg version? If not, i suggest trying with this version usbloadergx, or Wiiflow Lite.
When I tried using USB Loader GX (the newest version from homebrew browser) it did not see my drive at all. I remember having similar problems with my first wii years ago, which is why I used CFG Loader from then on. I don't recall why it wouldn't work. As stated, CFG works fine on my old wii, just not on the new wii.

Another question, I want to copy Fortune Street save data from one wii to another wii, but savegame manager GX says that it is unable to copy data for some reason. I know some wii games don't let you copy save data easily, but I thought using priiloader to disable save copy protection would work. Is there another way to handle these kinds of games? Thank you.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried using USB Loader GX (the newest version from homebrew browser) it did not see my drive at all. I remember having similar problems with my first wii years ago, which is why I used CFG Loader from then on. I don't recall why it wouldn't work. As stated, CFG works fine on my old wii, just not on the new wii.
Ok, i need to ask again, is your usb drive formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size? Is it plugged into port 0?
Make sure the drive path is set to port 0 in USBLoaderGX/or Wiiflow.
As for GC games, try launching the Nintendont app instead, see if you're games appear there (assuming you have the naming & folder structure right for GC games).
Another question, I want to copy Fortune Street save data from one wii to another wii, but savegame manager GX says that it is unable to copy data for some reason. I know some wii games don't let you copy save data easily, but I thought using priiloader to disable save copy protection would work. Is there another way to handle these kinds of games? Thank you.
Weird, SaveGame Manager GX should backup your save, are you sure it is saved on sysnand? And not on emunand maybe?
What does it tell you when you try to copy it?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The priiloader hack impacts the official data management menu, allowing u to copy save data that is otherwise restricted. Perhaps try this since savegame manager gx is giving problems, or try a different versions of savegame manager gx, iirc there's some debate as to which is the best version, I think the latest one may have issues but don't recall

Reactions: CoolMe

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i need to ask again, is your usb drive formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size? Is it plugged into port 0?
Make sure the drive path is set to port 0 in USBLoaderGX/or Wiiflow.
As for GC games, try launching the Nintendont app instead, see if you're games appear there (assuming you have the naming & folder structure right for GC games).

Weird, SaveGame Manager GX should backup your save, are you sure it is saved on sysnand? And not on emunand maybe?
What does it tell you when you try to copy it?
it's FAT32 but I don't know the cluster size offhand. I'll find out and report back when I can. GC works fine under Nintendont and Wii works fine under CFG. I tried both USB ports and neither one worked (for USB Loader GX).

I don't know if this affects anything, but my wii discs are stored as .wbfs files because that's what worked when I started using homebrew. CFG recognizes and launches them with no issue. USB Loader GX might work too, but since it never detects my USB drive I can't confirm. Just thought I'd mention that in case it was relevant.

SaveGame is odd. It has no problem with me copying it to an SD or USB. It even alerts me that in order to move my copied save onto a new Wii system memory, that I need to have a stand-in save file of the same game present on the target wii memory first, so it gives no indication that it should not work. Yet, when I have an empty new save on the new system and try to copy over top of it the desired save file (from SD or from USB) it tells me I can't copy it.

The priiloader hack impacts the official data management menu, allowing u to copy save data that is otherwise restricted. Perhaps try this since savegame manager gx is giving problems, or try a different versions of savegame manager gx, iirc there's some debate as to which is the best version, I think the latest one may have issues but don't recall
ok, so try the normal system menu data copying function and see if it lets me do it? I'll try and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol