• Views 511,189
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

lucasfergui

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Why can't i type this onto a message: just ralized i was on a nintendo wii hacking forum
1674489844380.png

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i need to ask again, is your usb drive formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size? Is it plugged into port 0?
Make sure the drive path is set to port 0 in USBLoaderGX/or Wiiflow.
As for GC games, try launching the Nintendont app instead, see if you're games appear there (assuming you have the naming & folder structure right for GC games).

Weird, SaveGame Manager GX should backup your save, are you sure it is saved on sysnand? And not on emunand maybe?
What does it tell you when you try to copy it?
I don't know if there is an emunand. I just did a basic update to my hack using wii.guides. My OS page lists the USB drive as being 512 bytes/sector. My HDD from my first Wii is the same.

As for save file, my loader is being funny now, and won't load the game on the second system, but the save data copied over without any issue when I used the wii menu, so I am hopeful that it will work.

Last edited by actualkoifish,

jaybobrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, gang. Modded my wii a long time ago now. Recently there's been some interest in playing on it now, but I already wiped that SD card a long time ago with no backups. Now, apparently they can get to the wii homescreen through the black menu and play discs on the console.

I am asking what my options are as far as the device goes. Do I make a new back up and go through a guide again if I wanted to load it up? Am I screwed because I do not have the contents of the original SD card?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Quick question, gang. Modded my wii a long time ago now. Recently there's been some interest in playing on it now, but I already wiped that SD card a long time ago with no backups. Now, apparently they can get to the wii homescreen through the black menu and play discs on the console.

I am asking what my options are as far as the device goes. Do I make a new back up and go through a guide again if I wanted to load it up? Am I screwed because I do not have the contents of the original SD card?
2 options I will suggest, if u want to actually refresh your memory on wii hacking on general, I suggest using modmii to rehack your wii from scratch, telling it that it's a virgin and never modded before even if not true. This option will only take a bit more time than option 2, and you will learn more throughout the process, and it's fun.

Option 2, run syscheck on your wii from the hbc following this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do, avoiding redundant steps that may have already implemented in your current situation. The end result between option 1 and 2 are the same.

After doing this you can run modmii's usb loader set up wizard to help u get started with that. But please note that the versions of usbloader gx and Wiiflow currently provided by modmii are a couple versions behind the latest, for the latest get them from oscwii.org. This will get fixed in an upcoming modmii update that will hopefully really blow your socks off.

P.s. There are other options you could take that don't involve modmii, like using wii.guide. If u don't have access to a windows pc then wii.guide is definitely what I'd recommend as the best alternative

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's FAT32 but I don't know the cluster size offhand. I'll find out and report back when I can. GC works fine under Nintendont and Wii works fine under CFG. I tried both USB ports and neither one worked (for USB Loader GX).

I don't know if this affects anything, but my wii discs are stored as .wbfs files because that's what worked when I started using homebrew. CFG recognizes and launches them with no issue. USB Loader GX might work too, but since it never detects my USB drive I can't confirm. Just thought I'd mention that in case it was relevant.

SaveGame is odd. It has no problem with me copying it to an SD or USB. It even alerts me that in order to move my copied save onto a new Wii system memory, that I need to have a stand-in save file of the same game present on the target wii memory first, so it gives no indication that it should not work. Yet, when I have an empty new save on the new system and try to copy over top of it the desired save file (from SD or from USB) it tells me I can't copy it.

ok, so try the normal system menu data copying function and see if it lets me do it? I'll try and see what happens.

Ok, so copying the save with the system menu worked fine. If I had to guess, the game won't like that the Miis used for the save files don't exist on the destination system, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I reformatted my flash drive to FAT32 at 32768 for the allocation unit size. Unfortunately it still is not read by the family edition wii. CFG loader might work actually, it's just that on loading it, my wii remote turns itself off and can't be turned back on, so it's impossible to choose the USB as a source. Wii USB Loader boots up, but does not see the drive at all.

toxichoma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i add a new game into the wbfs folder I put in my sd card and load up wiiflow but the game does not show. When i go back to my laptop to see if i did it right. the wbfs file isnt there. Any help asap. Ive already tried to use wii backup manager

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i go back to my laptop to see if i did it right. the wbfs file isnt there.
The wbfs file just disappears? Are you sure you copied it? Make sure the lock slider on the sd card adapter is in the unlocked position. Try with a different one just in case.
What about copying other files to it? try with any file and see if it deletes it too. If it does, it's possible that your sd card has switched to "read-only" mode (you can write to it), and is dying, the wise choice is to backup your data asap before it's too late..

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whenever i add a new game into the wbfs folder I put in my sd card and load up wiiflow but the game does not show. When i go back to my laptop to see if i did it right. the wbfs file isnt there. Any help asap. Ive already tried to use wii backup manager
Good morning,

you launch the game from the SD card or USB ???

did you configure in the wiiflow settings ""game partitions ==> SD or USB?

Last edited by jeannotte,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Only if your disk drive one of the older models that can read them. USB Loading is better anyway

If it is, you can load it using Nintendont and probably other tools. If you wanted to play it from the disk channel you would need to install a cMIOS, and possibly a patched system menu IOS (I don't remember if this is a requirement, but it is a standard practice in most guides).

You can use ModMii to help you get nintendont, cMIOS and a patched system menu IOS. Just be sure to enable the cMIOS option in the settings, but it's generally not recommended these days as backup disk loading & CMIOS is generally inferior to Nintendont.

Btw, you could just put his burned disks in your PC and convert\copy them to a USB and play them via USB. USB loading is faster and it's less wear and tear on your disk drive.

If you need help, use ModMii for all your softmodding needs. Or if you don't have windows, use wii.guide (but note wii.guide won't help you with a cMIOS or a patched system menu IOS)

Last edited by XFlak,

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only if your disk drive one of the older models that can read them. USB Loading is better anyway

If it is, you can load it using Nintendont and probably other tools. If you wanted to play it from the disk channel you would need to install a cMIOS, and possibly a patched system menu IOS (I don't remember if this is a requirement, but it is a standard practice in most guides).

You can use ModMii to help you get nintendont, cMIOS and a patched system menu IOS. Just be sure to enable the cMIOS option in the settings, but it's generally not recommended these days as backup disk loading & CMIOS is generally inferior to Nintendont.

Btw, you could just put his burned disks in your PC and convert\copy them to a USB and play them via USB. USB loading is faster and it's less wear and tear on your disk drive.

If you need help, use ModMii for all your softmodding needs. Or if you don't have windows, use wii.guide (but note wii.guide won't help you with a cMIOS or a patched system menu IOS)
I dont have a disk drive on my computer or a usb hard drive for usb loading (only flash drives) but thanks!

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where on the sd card the photo channel pics are stored i know its in SD/private/wii but from there i cant find them there is to many folders any help would be helpful.

Needless

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi. I've a problem with launching some Gamecube games through USB Loader GX using Nintendont. Some games (I've tried Wrestlemania XIX, XIII, and Hitman 2 Silent Assassin) seem to work, but my TV gets no signal. However, when launching it through Nintendont (not USB Loader GX), it works.
I've tried tinkering with some settings (Video Mode: Auto/Default/PAL50/PAL60 | Progressive Patch: Default/On/Off) and nothing worked. Nintendont and USB Loader GX updated to the newest version. I'm using Wii2HDMI. Can anyone help? Thank you.

obraz_2023-03-05_124517243.png

obraz_2023-03-05_124702879.png

obraz_2023-03-05_124725303.png

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I've a problem with launching some Gamecube games through USB Loader GX using Nintendont. Some games (I've tried Wrestlemania XIX, XIII, and Hitman 2 Silent Assassin) seem to work, but my TV gets no signal. However, when launching it through Nintendont (not USB Loader GX), it works.
I've tried tinkering with some settings (Video Mode: Auto/Default/PAL50/PAL60 | Progressive Patch: Default/On/Off) and nothing worked. Nintendont and USB Loader GX updated to the newest version. I'm using Wii2HDMI. Can anyone help? Thank you.

View attachment 357147
View attachment 357148
View attachment 357149
Try turning off "progressive patch" & "force widescreen". It won't boot if the game doesn't support either.

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question regarding SD card wiiware and virtual console titles. If you aren't familiar, there is a limitation where wiiware/vc titles saved to your SD card can not be launched when you connect the card to a different console. Curious if there's a workaround for that, seems like something that could be a priiloader menu hack or something? Thanks.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question regarding SD card wiiware and virtual console titles. If you aren't familiar, there is a limitation where wiiware/vc titles saved to your SD card can not be launched when you connect the card to a different console. Curious if there's a workaround for that, seems like something that could be a priiloader menu hack or something? Thanks.
No there isn't, once you install a wad it's unique to that system, thus you can't just insert that sd card on another Wii to launch that game..

Reactions: SugoiEndeavor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out