• Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont detect partitions with format FAT32 but are over 32GB?
I want to format a partition with FAT32 to use it with Nintendont, but i don´t know if Nintendont gonna detect it.

Yes it will. I play my GameCube games all the time through Nintendont using large drives. I use a 256GB SDXC card in the Wii and also a 5TB external hard drive.

Both are single FAT32 partitions with the Nintendont app on the SD card and the games on my external hard drive. My 256GB SDXC uses 32k cluster size and my 5TB external hard drive uses 64k cluster size to make the entire drive available in FAT32 format.

As suggested above by @CoolMe use GUIFormat they had linked to or FAT32 GUI Formatter linked here below.

FAT32 GUI Formatter:
-32-bit Link: http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
-64-bit Link: http://ridgecrop.co.uk/guiformat-x64.Exe

gridm2

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi! My Wii sports wbfs file won't open on Wiiflow and Wiiflow lite. Some additional info -
- Downloaded the game from Vimm's Lair and another site, both don't load. The wiiflow loading logo shows up and then it's a black screen
- Tried this using two SD cards
- I'm using a PAL system, the game is PAL as well
- Ran sysCheck, put it on modmii and added 9 additional ios files to the Wii, still no change
- Tried changing game settings to IOS 250, 251, etc. didn't help
- Put another game on the SD card, that one doesn't show up at all
- USB Loader doesn't work for me, it keeps getting stuck so I gave up

One thing that may be an issue - I tried to install bootmii as IOS (boot2 wasn't an option) (at the same time as letterbox), and it got stuck halfway and wouldn't load again. I have priiloader, so I'm hoping I have decent brick protection. But don't know if bootmii could be causing the problem.

Please help! Thanks in advance

FlorAid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use a usb flash drive on a chromebook and extract the download files on the chromebook to the drive, will it work in homebrewing my Wii?

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not really a newbii but in the need of help. I want to update my Wii's CIOSes but I´m not shure what tool to use and how to do it then. A link to an up to date guide would be very handy. Many thanks in advance.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a newbii but in the need of help. I want to update my Wii's CIOSes but I´m not shure what tool to use and how to do it then. A link to an up to date guide would be very handy. Many thanks in advance.
think you can make a syscheck, then lump that into modmii to get all files and instructions on updating anything out of date.

• Love
Reactions: 77Urmel77

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can whitelist modmii's working directory in your AV if u want, it's safe and completely open source, if your anti-virus is flagging it, it's a false positive. If you upload modmii to virus total and let it analyze it, modmii is reported by the vast majority of AV's as safe, but unfortunately not 100%, as I said, some have false positives.

If you still don't want to use modmii, you can perform some of its functions by following wii.guide, but some features like installing neek or building a virgin emulated nand won't be covered, you could find MANUAL directions for those most probably on the complete softmod guide somewhere or other sites. But yeah, I put a lot of work into ModMii to make it a one stop shop for everything you need for the wii, and making it super user friendly, so any other method won't be as efficient or as easy (in my opinion)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
In terms of a syscheck analyzer/updater, there's no other app that does this afaik. The alternative would be to post it here and for someone to eyeball it and give recommendations, but even that won't necessarily be as good, modmii won't make a mistake whereas even an experienced modder like myself could possibly overlook something when just eyeballing it. For example, I wouldn't necessarily catch if an ios is outdated as I don't have all the version numbers memorized, but I would catch more glaring things like a missing or stubbed cios or if the hbc was installed to use an ios other than 58, or if priiloader or bootmii ios is missing, etc. Modmii wouldn't miss any of that

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you still don't want to use modmii, you can perform some of its functions by following wii.guide, but some features like installing neek or building a virgin emulated nand won't be covered, you could find MANUAL directions for those most probably on the complete softmod guide somewhere or other sites. But yeah, I put a lot of work into ModMii to make it a one stop shop for everything you need for the wii, and making it super user friendly, so any other method won't be as efficient or as easy (in my opinion)

I followed your advice and tried modmii again (no alert this time) and it very much looks like as if it worked. Thank you very much. But what is this brick proection IOS60v6174? Is it something like bootmii or priiloader?

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: