• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have dios mios but not nintendont installed. Settings are set to default for everything on the wiiflow settings but as stated get black screen when trying to launch a gc game. Not sure which cios is recommended for the wiiflow startup (& for them to load) but a long tedious process for try each cios. If there is a specific one that boots them then great. It would help take a lot of time off my hand from doing individually

for gamecube games no CIOS are used..
MIOS is used for gc games. and there is only 1 "slot"

did you used dios mios tool to copy the games into the usb?
i had a hard time making gc games to work.. just try arround, try other loaders like cfg loader mod...

Marcus McFry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the wii manager (forgot name of it) to transfer. See thats the thing. I had it working fine, games loaded & at one point played however i tried it the other day and it stopped working. Had a black screen, tried updating to latest wiiflow which i had an old version and its been hell ever since. Wiiflow doesnt even recognise usb1 in the settings anymore & only nand & usb 2-4. I even tried nintendont n nothing. I updated to dios mios 2.11 & nothing. Im just all about ready to give up the gc emulating. Wii backups play fine with gx loader its just wiiflow that is a pain in the butt to get working

Marcus McFry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i got wiiflow to recognise wii/gc games but they dont load. Ive tried many different startup settings with force load cios and different force cios revisions but nothing happens even at default. Any suggestions to get them to run with wiiflow. Should the version of dios mios matter? I have version 2.11 installed

ivantheok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.... I would like to know if there is a rom limit for any of the plugins on wiiflow mastermod nintendont pack....thanks...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i got wiiflow to recognise wii/gc games but they dont load. Ive tried many different startup settings with force load cios and different force cios revisions but nothing happens even at default. Any suggestions to get them to run with wiiflow. Should the version of dios mios matter? I have version 2.11 installed

DIOS MIOS doesn't require a cIOS as far as I know. (It is an IOS.) What do you have installed and in which slots?

The most useful I've found is d2x v10. Most people install it in slots 249-251 for the 3 commonly used IOS versions (56, 57, 58)

Omegalolz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to get USB loader gx and nintendont working on my wiiu's vwii and after getting everything set up it seemed to work for a little bit. Then I swapped all the files to a different, smaller SD card and now whenever I try to load into usbloader gx I get EXCEPTION DSI OCCURED. It also happens if I idle on the homebrew channel for too long. So I swapped all the files back on to the original SD card but the same thing happens. Help?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobs questions since i got into usb loading now.

is there a way to install WiiWare into the USB loader GX?

also is there the same way for emulators?

Chex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

First post here,
there wasn't a gamecube section so I figured i'd ask here, since it was the closest subject.

I'd like to soft mod my gamecube,
I was wondering what the best way of doing so these days ?
Is it even worth it ? OR should I go with modding a Wii ?
My main concern is, how big of an SD card can you use to load backups ?

I read it was only 2 GB ? But with a swiss some thing or other, you could get it to a good size.
Does anyone know what size that is ? Maybe 64 GB ?

Thanks

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

First post here,
there wasn't a gamecube section so I figured i'd ask here, since it was the closest subject.

I'd like to soft mod my gamecube,
I was wondering what the best way of doing so these days ?
Is it even worth it ? OR should I go with modding a Wii ?
My main concern is, how big of an SD card can you use to load backups ?

I read it was only 2 GB ? But with a swiss some thing or other, you could get it to a good size.
Does anyone know what size that is ? Maybe 64 GB ?

Thanks

The Gamecube has no permanent storage so there's not really any way to "softmod" it. You'd have to either get a mod chip for it or use some sort of memory card slot hardware solution. You would be better off softmodding an old Wii and use Nintendont to load games from a USB drive.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, it's been quite a while since I messed with Wii stuff, so I'm a bit new to a lot of this.

Since it'd been so long, I did a bit of reading, and found ModMii, so I used that to basically redo my Wii's softmod from scratch by following the guide. However, I cannot seem to get the Mighty Channels plugin to work correctly within Configurable USB Loader. What is the recommended way to get this set up?

My current setup is that I have Configurable USB Loader (The version I'm using is the one linked in AbdallahTerro's signature, labeled "CFG-USBL-78mod", since a thread for Nintendont said to use his mod.) on the SD card, with MIGHTY.DOL in the Plugins folder. I have a 1TB Western Digital "My Passport" hard drive, partitioned with FAT32 and NTFS. The emuNand folder resides on the FAT32 partition, and was originally created and set up by uLoader, I believe (It's been a while since I did this), but I know I've had some titles work through Configurable USB Loader in the past. Gamecube ISOs are also on the FAT32 partition (I previously used Dios Mios which required it, so I didn't bother changing it for Nintendont) and Wii ISOs are on the NTFS partition. Both of these seem to be working just fine.

When I attempt to run a VC/WiiWare title using the Mighty plugin, it seems to want to use IOS 252 to run the title, but it's not installed. According to https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/mighty-channels , Mighty requires Waninkoko's cIOS rev17 or rev21, so I assume I want to install one of those to 252, but I can't seem to figure out how. Every download I can find for those cIOSes wants to install to 249 or 250 only, and I can't figure out how to change that. The d2x Installer allows me to choose a destination slot, but attempting to use one of them causes Mighty to crash with a DSI Exception.

I would think that if CFG USB Loader is set to default to 252 for Mighty, then there is an easy way to install the cIOS needed to 252, which leads me to believe I'm missing something that might be obvious, but I just can't seem to find anything on it. If someone can please help set me on the right path, I would greatly appreciate it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even if my Wii is GC compatible, I can't run GC games from my USB HDD like any other Wii game unless I have something like Nintendont?

Not directly. The Wii's Gamecube compatiblity is an IOS that runs the games. It only reads discs. DIOS MIOS replaces it and can read ISO images but it hasn't been updated in a long time. Devolution and Nintendont are a lot more compatible and are still active and supported. They don't require you to replace your MIOS either. They just go in the apps folder.

BlazeHeatnix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot the Wii, it boots directly to USB loader GX. But almost every time I do, it freezes on "Initialize usb device". I have to do a hard reset to make it work. Is this normal?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot the Wii, it boots directly to USB loader GX. But almost every time I do, it freezes on "Initialize usb device". I have to do a hard reset to make it work. Is this normal?
What's your setup? I'm assuming you're using Prii/Postloader with a DOL that directs to a forwarder which boots USB Loader GX. Also, which cIOS are you using? A sysCheck might not hurt if you don't know.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, that usually means either the drive isn't getting enough power or the drive itself may not be compatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1