• Views 512,765
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

mokkas

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, I have a 4.3E Black wii and i was wondering if i can play legal backup games via cd(i have a hunch that i cant). If i cant, should i just get an external hard drive and copy the dump of the original disk to the HDD and then, via a USB loader load it?

P.S. The wii is already softmodded, but i have just the HBC and a few apps... No Cios or something like that(i know that i have to do a little preparation first)... I dont have chips or anything else, just a softmod

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a 4.3E Black wii and i was wondering if i can play legal backup games via cd(i have a hunch that i cant). If i cant, should i just get an external hard drive and copy the dump of the original disk to the HDD and then, via a USB loader load it?
No only Wii's produced in the first two years could play burnt DVD's anything post 2008 can't; a quick google search will also reveal which DVD drive you can buy for a replacement if your determined to played burnt games.
An external HDD is ideal cause the cost is cheap for space depending on where you look: newegg, amazon just avoid Wal-Mart! way overpriced for ext.HDD. Personally I find Western Digitial ext.HDD work the best as far as compatibility for neek2o, sneek, homebrew, & games whether they are on a NTFS or FAT32 formated drive. Also you can load Wii games in wbfs format from SD with some of the popular loaders like CFG-Loader & WiiFlow; USBL GX does not support Wii games on SD anymore..... Yes I have inquired about this ;(

P.S. The wii is already softmodded, but i have just the HBC and a few apps... No Cios or something like that(i know that i have to do a little preparation first)... I dont have chips or anything else, just a softmod
Who softmodded your Wii? Most of the time when it's done IOS36 is usually patched it's like a forced habit or IOS236 is installed. When I soft-mod a WIi I install HBC.... well then yeah go grab WiiMod and ModMii for your PC & then use ModMii to build you d2x b8final (b9 has horrible loading times for me with USBL GX) & install via WiiMod.

P.S.
You can find most of these apps in my sig if not ModMii has them for download :)

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Hello.

I softmodded another Wii today and founda weird issue: the forwarder channel that comes installed if you follow the ModMii wizard has a weird flickering loading screen.

The system menu works fine, CFG Loader itself works fine and I created 2 backups to test and they work fine also. It's just the splash screen of the forwarder channel that acts weird. It's like it's running in the wrong display mode or something. Is it possible to configure it somehow?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I softmodded another Wii today and founda weird issue: the forwarder channel that comes installed if you follow the ModMii wizard has a weird flickering loading screen.

The system menu works fine, CFG Loader itself works fine and I created 2 backups to test and they work fine also. It's just the splash screen of the forwarder channel that acts weird. It's like it's running in the wrong display mode or something. Is it possible to configure it somehow?

No uninstall it. What region is your Wii

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
If you have a black Wii it's definitely new enough that you can't read DVD-R disks from the Wii's internal disk reader.
If you REALLY want to you could get an external USB DVD drive and load them through uLoader but although compatibility's not bad it's not perfect and USB hard drive loading is nearly 100% comparability now.

mokkas

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I softmodded my own wii, via letterbomb(at that time, I didnt know anything about modmii, or stuff like that...)
One more question: I have read that some backup loaders have a little less speed than normal. Why does that happen, and does it happen with ext. HDD?

mokkas

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One more question: will this Ext. HDD work? http://www.eastcoastcomputerservices.net/toshiba-stor-e-alu-2-2-5-320gb-usb-2-0-portable-hard-drive-silver/
Finally, in which format should i format it (FAT, for example)?

noelmejia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i recently softmodded my wii but im having a problem with neogamma. i have everything installed right i believe and im trying to launch the game super mario galaxy 2. i launch
c204.gif
neogamma from the homebrew channel. ok so the problem is that when i launch the game it does the whole app loading thing then it says starting game a green screen flashes then my wii goes back to the homebrew channel. there are other times when it says dvd-r + no cIOS. assitance is appreciated. please help im very frustrated. sorry for the grammer and such but an answer would really help.

capojared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been recently trying to get Gamecube backups loading through my harddrive. I've run into a few problems and was looking for some help. I have dios mios 2.0 installed and multiple backups loaders installed that support loading gamcube backups. Can I have my backups in gcm file? And if I can where do I put them on my harddrive. I've tried usb:/games, to no avail. I 'm really lost on this any help is appreciated thanks.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So I've been recently trying to get Gamecube backups loading through my harddrive. I've run into a few problems and was looking for some help. I have dios mios 2.0 installed and multiple backups loaders installed that support loading gamcube backups. Can I have my backups in gcm file? And if I can where do I put them on my harddrive. I've tried usb:/games, to no avail. I 'm really lost on this any help is appreciated thanks.
GCM format is the same as ISO format.
If you rename your file Mario.gcm to be game.iso and put it in a folder inside the /games/ folder (something like usb:/games/mario/game.iso) it should work.
Also, if you haven't tried it yet, there's a guide http://gbatemp.net/topic/318585-how-to-createuse-dios-mios-lite

Any way to get CFG loader to play gamecube games?
I would also suggest the guide to you http://gbatemp.net/topic/318585-how-to-createuse-dios-mios-lite

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Reactions: 1 person

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies