• Start date
  • Views 513,275
  • Replies 3,813
  • Likes 6

LucasAraujo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the help PsyBlade and FIX94. The HDD is not even recognized by the diskmgmt.msc, but once it showed up. There's no problem in formatting it, it has no data. If I could just format it it would be great. Never tried wwt.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if it does not even show up in diskmanagement the porblem lies deeper than the filesystem
wbfs or whatever is on there does not play a role in detecting the disk
wwt will not help for the moment

probably some hardware defect (unlikely caused by the outage, but possible if there was a spike before)

first try other usb ports
another usb cable is found easy too
then check wether the hdd shows up (diskman.) on another pc

LucasAraujo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Nevermind, it was recognized (the HDD, not the partition. It showed up a drive partiotion from WD, so it is working). Tried to check by Wii Backup Fusion, but no results. Any other choice ?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if there is no data on it there is no point in trying to rescue the partition (or the filesystem it contains)
simply create a new partition (diskman.) and format it to fat32 (win XP+ need a tool to format it, search eg fat32 formarter)

X_TIGERPOWER_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, I'm new with this. I've installed cfg usb loader v70 on my wii and I'm running cios 249. When i insert a game and I want to install it to my Western Digital My Passport Essential 320 gb usb 2.0, after a while it hangs. Some games hang at about 3 to 5 % of installation, other games hang after 50 % of installation. The percentage is the same per game every time I try. All the other functions of cfg usb loader work perfect, but the install function doesn't seem to work for me. I've downloaded some iso files from the net and I want to do something back by sharing my games so I'm eager to learn what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help me with this?

Sacred Nym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there some reason why a wbfs file would just up and quit working? I have a fat32 USB HDD and I've had problems with Brawl suddenly not working and I have to re-rip it. Funny thing is I don't think this is the HDD failing since it's ALWAYS Brawl that stops working, never any other game. Anyone know what could be causing this?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you check for bad sectors too? (called surface scan in windows iirc)

After creation nothing should ever need to write to a wbfs file again. I have no clue where else this could come from.

Scan the bad file with wit to get an idea of what exactly the symtoms are.

And try removing SSBB, adding other games with an total size bigger SSBB, adding SSBB.
Check which of the added games gets corrupted.

Sacred Nym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have enough undumped games to do that test unfortunately. How do I use WIT to do that? I've downloaded it but I'm not sure how to use it.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Sacred Nym:
http://wit.wiimm.de/wit/cmd-verify.html

@DJPlace:
there are lists of the games sizes out there
you could look up your the games or at least calculate the average size
My games are 2.65GiB on avarage, so I guess about 3GiB is a save bet

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me with a small issue I'm having. I've currently got a 1tb HDD connected to my wii running fine with cfg usb loader. I'm giving this HDD away so I've copied the contents of my backup partition to a partition on another HDD. The new paritition in question was formatted as NTFS, but I reformatted to FAT32 with wii backup manager so as to match the source partition, then just copied the whole lot across.

The problem is that when I connect the new HDD to the wii and run cfgloader the wii just reboots. Am I likely to have missed something when I copied the stuff across? The new HDD has been used to run games from in the past, so there should be no compatibility issues there. Do I need to reformat the whole HDD again?

Hopefully someone can help. Many thanks in advance.

JT

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried that, still doesn't wanna play. Also tried copying everything onto the other partition as well, but no joy with that either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could've just wrote down firewood