• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

DrRansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Question,

I lied. This question is asked all the time... but I have to ask it here because I don't understand half of what I read on this site, I just don't speak the language well enough.

The questions is, what are my GC backup options currently for the Wii?

I have modded 4 DSL's, two Wiis, made a couple of my own channels, am running a USB HD for my legally purchased games and kinda am getting the feel for what I am doing.

What is the easiest way to play my old GC games on my Wii with out spending more money?

Cheers and Thank you.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrRansom said:
New Question,

I lied. This question is asked all the time... but I have to ask it here because I don't understand half of what I read on this site, I just don't speak the language well enough.

The questions is, what are my GC backup options currently for the Wii?

I have modded 4 DSL's, two Wiis, made a couple of my own channels, am running a USB HD for my legally purchased games and kinda am getting the feel for what I am doing.

What is the easiest way to play my old GC games on my Wii with out spending more money?

Cheers and Thank you.
put them in the dvd slot an go to disk channel, load the game an play.. what could be easier.
rolleyes.gif
oh your wondering if there is a "usb" loader? NO.
tongue.gif

Confuzzled

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm new here and well here is my problem.

I softmodded my wii a couple months ago and everything was working fine. Now out of nowhere my wii stops reading backups (some backup wii games and all my backup gamecube games)

So when I try to load a game for example lets say pokemon XD, I get this
-
Loading backup disc...
DiscID- GXXE01 Name Pokemon XD
Using high plugin...
Reloader activated...
Failed to read DVD 650.
Error 0x31100 Ready
Halting
-

The thing is that I doubt its the discs since I've been using the same games for months and out of nowhere this happens... Help please?

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to play Monster Hunter Tri for ages a year ago, anyways, what do I do to get it to work? It always crashes after the title screen or something.

I have half-a-year-old custom IOSes and I'm using WiiFlow. I don't wanna use the freaking ModMii thing that has you do 12 super complicated long steps to get a single game working.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wrong. you do 12 super easy, well-explained steps to get your wii properly modded with up to date cIOSes and such....then make one small change in wiiflow to MHT game load settings (which takes 2.6 seconds)...done. easy.

seriously though. you can't expect help if your not willing to do a little leg work. you only said you have out-of-date cIOSes...you didn't say which ones; how are we supposed to know what you have to work with under the hood....and you said you 'tried for ages'...though 'trying for ages' is apparently less cumbersome to you than spending a short amount of time using a tried and true method (Modmii) to getting your wii in a state we can work with.... do this, and i'll help you the rest of the way.

Geek72790

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I have been outta the Wii loop for a while, I haven't used a ISO loader since the early ones. So what currently is the best USB ISO loader? Seems likes there is like a half a dozen ISO loaders out there now for Wii, and honestly don't feel like trying them all. I just want some of your opinions on which is the best right now.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i prefer the eye candy of carbonik themed wiiflow; i like the look and feel of GX's GUI as well....most agree (including myself) that cfg is the most refined feature wise (though i find the default navigation the hardest to get used to of the three)....

hope this helps

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
i prefer the eye candy of carbonik themed wiiflow; i like the look and feel of GX's GUI as well....most agree (including myself) that cfg is the most refined feature wise (though i find the default navigation the hardest to get used to of the three)....

hope this helps
Have you tried a recent version of Cfg? Around v65 or something (the latest is v70) the GUI was completely redone, without losing any options. It is now organized into categories. I also like the extra eye candy (the rotating box covers for example).

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
brausm08 said:

hope this helps
Have you tried a recent version of Cfg? Around v65 or something (the latest is v70) the GUI was completely redone, without losing any options. It is now organized into categories. I also like the extra eye candy (the rotating box covers for example).

Yeah CFG rocks even harder as it supports all the formats AND allows Brawl mods to be used easily.

Also quick question: Gamecube USB loading, possible? impossible? Anybody?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Smashbro29 said:
JoostinOnline said:
brausm08 said:

hope this helps

Yeah CFG rocks even harder as it supports all the formats AND allows Brawl mods to be used easily.

Impossible.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Smashbro29 said:
JoostinOnline said:
brausm08 said:

hope this helps

Impossible.

And there is no one attempting to remedy this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4