I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Easy questions I suppose:

1) Does hard powering off (holding the power for ~5 seconds) damage the Wii in any way?

2) How are you supposed to update IOS versions? Download them via NUSAD and installing them through MMM? Would that delete the older versions of that IOS or just add on?

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive been trying to find the best combination to make SMG2 work flawessly on my wii.

Right now i have Neogamma r9 with cIOS 19 on a 3.3u wii

And i was wondering what was the best combination be right know to play SMG2 flawlessly and also other games

Thanks!

Fahennessy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently am using a 1.5TB Seagate HDD in a Vantex Nexstar 3 enclosure with two ntfs partitions. I have been able to get both USB Loader GX (r900) and CFG Loader (latest) working with the drive and enjoy it much more than conventional disc loading.

Question1: Should I reformat my HDD to make it one fat32 partition and one ntfs partition
Question2: If Yes to Question 1, How big should the fat32 partition be?

Aekx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i tried to play monster hunter tri (via neogamma) i got an error and fixed it by altering cIOS 37 or 38.
however, while that fix allowed me to play, i cant install new channels through wadmanager.
how exactly do i go about turning ios37/38 back to what it was before(letting me install wads)
just modded my wii using this guide

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Two n00b questions regarding wads

- Currently I place the wads in my SD and then use WAD manager to copy them to the Wii memory and then copy from there to my SD card again, is there a quicker way? For example right into the SD or even better, to the HDD?

- Can I remove the wads from my Wii menu or do I have to use a homebrewed program?

Thanks!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sc4rFac3d said:

- Currently I place the wads in my SD and then use WAD manager to copy them to the Wii memory and then copy from there to my SD card again, is there a quicker way? For example right into the SD or even better, to the HDD?

- Can I remove the wads from my Wii menu or do I have to use a homebrewed program?

Thanks!
1. You must use this way to copy channels to sd card, no HDD way.
2. You can fully remove the channels in the data management/channels menu.
@Aekx:
Use the wad manager YAWMM. To install wads again.

Aekx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you fix, trying it out right now. will let you know how it goes
EDIT: thank you, it worked perfectly
smile.gif

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
FIX94 said:
Sc4rFac3d said:

Thanks!
1. You must use this way to copy channels to sd card, no HDD way.
2. You can fully remove the channels in the data management/channels menu.
@Aekx:
Use the wad manager YAWMM. To install wads again.
Thanks!

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
1) Does hard powering off (holding the power for ~5 seconds) damage the Wii in any way?

Other than the concept that powering on/off electronics with chips like computers causes heat, which in turn makes them expand and shrink, and shortens their life... short answer, no.

keke_keke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:
I'm playing a game on a verbatim DVD-R. It seems to be doing a lot of loading - I can handle it normally since there *are* a lot of flashy animations to load for each attack. However when a big animation comes along it's very choppy. I burnt at 4x, is there really any room for improvement or will I just have to accept that this is a load-heavy game that's slowly read due to the media?

Fahennessy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
keke_keke said:
Quick question:
I'm playing a game on a verbatim DVD-R. It seems to be doing a lot of loading - I can handle it normally since there *are* a lot of flashy animations to load for each attack. However when a big animation comes along it's very choppy. I burnt at 4x, is there really any room for improvement or will I just have to accept that this is a load-heavy game that's slowly read due to the media?

Original Wii discs run at 6x
Burnt Wii discs run at 3x
USB Wii Backups can run at 6x

It might be possible that it's choppy because you're only able to run the game at 3x. Or mayhaps its a bad copy. Try USB loading the game and see if it's any better.

mrpuppt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetz! I bought a relatively new Wii from a family member, but it had been updated to 4.3 They had put the Homebrew channel on there through Indianna Pwns exploit, and Hack mii. I'm not sure what else they did or didn't do, but I decided to use a guide from another popular site, which used a downloadable mod pack. I followed all the instructions, and now had USB Loader GX on the system menu, along with supposedly all the files I need. I can use homebrew apps just fine, some even from the hd, as I have part of it partitioned for Fat32. I set up the external Hard Drive, and USB Loader recognized it, and the games on it. I downloaded the box and such just fine. However, whatever game I try to load, it just sits there at a blank screen.

Any ideas? Is there a file that didn't install with the mod pack? Or is it something with the HD? I can see the games on the drive, when hooked to the pc. USB Loader loads up the game box art when I start it up. It just goes and hangs on a black screen when I try to launch a game from it. I've tried several older and newer and get the same result.

Any help would be appriciated.

keke_keke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fahennessy said:
keke_keke said:
Quick question:

Original Wii discs run at 6x
Burnt Wii discs run at 3x
USB Wii Backups can run at 6x

It might be possible that it's choppy because you're only able to run the game at 3x. Or mayhaps its a bad copy. Try USB loading the game and see if it's any better.

Sounds good, I'll try that. Thanks!

vonni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem in regards to online play and Super Smash Bros Brawl, so far I can play the missions just fine and can connect to the internet but I cannot play against anyone. Can anyone help me out with this?

M Dragon159

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quickish Question:

i thought there was a way 2 make ur own channels... i know its risky, but is there a way? (tryin 2 make it quick
yaywii.gif
)

oh yea, if the answer's yes, can you giv a link to a tutorial... then again this makes it not so quick of a questions XD
i tried 2 find this in a sticky but culdn't find it

Edit: Thanks @Riley

btw i edit cuz i dont want 2 take up another post and fill this thread up, even though i dont hav ta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢