• Likes 6

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KungPaoKitties said:
Can somebody explain to me how to get games on a USB drive and play them through an app on Hombrew Channel? Do you have to partition it to WFSB and if a computer can't even recognize that how does that work? Which app is the best for playing games using a USB drive? I have the latest Neogamma and I'm still using discs. Is it possible to rip (real copies) games to the USB drive through the Wii disc slot?

I constantly see things like USB Loader GX, uLoader, Neogamma, etc. etc. but do those all allow playing games from USB drives? What are the differences between those?

Thanks.
Getting the games on the USB drive is easy, first you need to get a program like WBFS manager that will let you read WBFS drives on your computer. Then you use it to format your USB drive to WBFS and copy your backups on to it (most usb loaders for the wii also let you format your drive and back up your games directly on to the USB drive) Once your done that you need a USB loader for your wii. USBloaderGX, neogamma, and others all let you boot games from your USB drive, it just depends on which one you prefer (personally I like USBloaderGX) Once you have the program on your sd card boot it from the homebrew channel just like you would any other program and enjoy your backups.

Note: All the USB loaders require a cios to work and there is currently no way to boot gamecube backups from USB.

m_alencar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, so I was transferring some files to the computer from my iPod and deleting for space when I accidentally deleted 2GB of files, from the Notes. The thing is, I kept my no$gba game saves in there and lost nearly them all. Everything else is easily replaceable. All I have to recover is a file called BATTERY. Does anyone know a good file retriever or something like it? I'd appreciate any help here. I've tried some but none of them really does the trick. They surprisingly find items deleted an year ago in perfect conditions but can't seem to find my files deleted in 2 hours. It's like they never existed at all.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JuggaletteENJ said:
So does no one have an answer about configurable usb loader? Trying to force region on ALL games, not one at a time...
have you tried looking into the config file and the configurator and reading the readmii that is provided with it??

dougouolo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1.5 tb drive that I formatted into one WBFS partition. How can I redo my partitions to add a FAT32 section without erasing my stored WBFS data?

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Uh, hey guys, had some questions I hope you can answer.

I recently burned a copy of Monster Hunter Tri and The House of the Dead 2&3 Return onto Verbatim +R's.
Monster Hunter Tri works, sorta and then when i try to start the game, I think start, it freezes on a black screen.
The House of the Dead works when I play 3, but when I try playing 2 it freezes.

Im using NeoGamma R8 beta 17, IOS 249 (Rev 17)

*maybe mh3 shouldnt bothered to be played thorugh dvd backup? something else wrong maybe?

Any help is appreciated!
smile.gif

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dougouolo said:
I have a 1.5 tb drive that I formatted into one WBFS partition. How can I redo my partitions to add a FAT32 section without erasing my stored WBFS data?

I'm pretty sure you cannot re-size a wbfs partition.. You will have to delete it ( destroying data ) and recreate it with a FAT32 Partition and a WBFS partition.

badchad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Neogamma to load wii backups off of my external HD. Works perfectly.

Is it possible to play NES roms with Neogamma? i.e. load FCE ultra through Neogamma and then store my NES Roms on the USB drive as well?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
badchad said:

Is it possible to play NES roms with Neogamma? i.e. load FCE ultra through Neogamma and then store my NES Roms on the USB drive as well?
I was wondering the same thing. AFAIK, you would need a second FAT32 partition for roms and use WiiScruber to make a FCE Ultra ISO

badchad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
badchad said:

I was wondering the same thing. AFAIK, you would need a second FAT32 partition for roms and use WiiScruber to make a FCE Ultra ISO

This strategy worked for me.

I have an external HD. About 200GB is a WBFS partition holding my wii backups. The rest is FAT 32.

I have Neogamma AND FCE ultra on my SD card (which I just leave in the Wii). When I run Neogamma, it seems to know to access the WBFS partition, when I run FCE ultra it accesses the FAT 32 partition. It all works through a very basic, text based UI but gets the job done.

I'm having difficulty saving games and such with the NES emulator at the moment, but I'm sure it'll work it out.

Icetron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, been out of the Wii loop for quite a while.

Just wondering if anyone knows if these games have auto-updates since I'm using a 1-2 year old version of the backup loader...no idea what I should be doing now.

But anyways...the games I'm interested in trying are:

Muramasa
Sky Crawlers
Monster Hunter

I think I sort of remember how to remove the updates if I need to.

EDIT: Thanks in advance!

RyougaSaotome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.

I'm not really to caught up on the whole Wii scene, but I recently grabbed Megaman 10 and want to give it a try.

All the other stuff I've downloaded works fine, but on another forum I frequent it says the game requires IOS56.

How should I get it/what do I do with that?

Cheers.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got neogamma r7 with IOS249 intsalled, and was wondering if i can install both a cIOS and a mCIOS to play both gamecube and wii at the same time?

Thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Twoacross said:
I got neogamma r7 with IOS249 intsalled, and was wondering if i can install both a cIOS and a mCIOS to play both gamecube and wii at the same time?

Thanks!
Yes, you can install the cMIOS as well

Newest NeoGamma is at R8 RC3 btw (if you're interested)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes u can, and its cMIOS (not mCIOS
tongue.gif
)

make sure u also install the Gamecube loader when u install the cMIOS (then when u launch a GC game from neogamma, it will take u to the GC loader menu)

btw, Neogamma has been updated a few times since r7, u can check out my signature for and autobooting version of r8 RC3 (note that RC4 shouldn't be too far behind)

Edit: Mr. TJ_Cool beat me to the punch!

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so I tried to test my USB Loader, cIOS and such. I picked my Kingston 2GB Datatraveler, formatted it (FAT), added NSMB Wii (PAL) and tried to run it on the Wii. Everything worked fine until I tried to load the game. Then all that appeared was a black screen with some dots or stuff and it froze like that.
What happened and what should I do?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eichro said:
Ok, so I tried to test my USB Loader, cIOS and such. I picked my Kingston 2GB Datatraveler, formatted it (FAT), added NSMB Wii (PAL) and tried to run it on the Wii. Everything worked fine until I tried to load the game. Then all that appeared was a black screen with some dots or stuff and it froze like that.
What happened and what should I do?
Is your Wii or TV NTSC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...