• Views 513,991
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

kbob3515

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok this is my first post and i apologize if this has already been asked or if its in the wrong forum, but i run my games via usb on coverfloader, i have 20+ games on it and havent had a problem until i added a game recently but i added one and it always goes straight to a green screen and freezes. i always force NTSC and anti 002 fix and that has always worked any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you in advance

Skum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can use a question answered PLZ.. ive ben trying for days and for the life of me i cant get box/disc art to work in gx...

i know the site is moving, im trying manually i put the 3d covers under images and disc art under images/disc...... and nothing shows up

im new to wii stuff

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
kbob3515 said:
ok this is my first post and i apologize if this has already been asked or if its in the wrong forum, but i run my games via usb on coverfloader, i have 20+ games on it and havent had a problem until i added a game recently but i added one and it always goes straight to a green screen and freezes. i always force NTSC and anti 002 fix and that has always worked any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you in advance

Can you let me have some more details?:
Console region?
Game title?
Game region?
What version cIOS are you using?
What version of CoverFloader are you using?

Thanks

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, my game keeps on freezing randomly when loading from my IDE drive (I can still press home and the wii menu pops up. Just the game freezes). It used to work flawlessly all the time, but after I stopped using my Wii for awhile, this problem started occurring. It happens with all games on it, not just the one I'm playing. I'm using an IDE to USB 2.0 cable to hook up my IDE drive. I'm pretty sure that the cable isn't the problem because the hard drive never disconnects on me when hooked to my PC. I am using USB Loader GX btw, just in case it matters to anyone.

mukade_mukwa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question/problem. When I try to play Super Smash Bros Brawl with USB Loader GX, specifically the adventure mode, it says "error, please eject disc..." after beating Kirby in the first stage and going to the cinematic. The rest of the game plays perfectly fine. Does anyone have any ideas or clues as to how I can get this to work?

mukade_mukwa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having problems with Mario Party 8 on USB Loader GX. It freezes up at the start of each board. It goes through hitting the dice and handing out coins and then... nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this either? Anything that might help would be cool. These are the couple games that I want to play the most, and it would suck if I can't play them.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
fishears said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
I use configurable USB loader and want to make a channel for Mario Galaxy. Any suggestions?

Try LoadStructor

You sir are awesome.

Used cloader as the USB loader tho. tried to add configurable usbloader to the LoadStructor, and it gives a dol loading error.

This+Preloader+Wii Crazy, i can boot to Mario Galaxy in one click

SethElite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run the GC Backup Loader 0.2 from the homebrew channel it just sits there for about 4 seconds before going to a green screen and restarting my wii.

I'm attempting to run a Pikmin 2 iso that I burned to a DVD-R.

So whats wrong?

rmedina8804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been trying to download cover art from the usb loader menu but for some reason it doesnt fisnish it state directory cannot be found? any advice?

mukade_mukwa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rmedina8804 said:
ive been trying to download cover art from the usb loader menu but for some reason it doesnt fisnish it state directory cannot be found? any advice?
I too was getting quite fed up with that, so I said "screw it" and paid a couple bucks to sign up for a site called "wiiboxart.com". You have to donate to become a member, but hey, getting everything for all the games and considering that I'm getting everything else for free or cheap I was fine with donating a couple bucks. The thing is that you download them to your computer and have to take the sd card out of the wii and into your computer to put the files in their directory. Well worth it in my opinion.

selurnayr416

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time since I initially set this up and I'm trying to get back in to it. How do I update my cIOS? Would you recommend doing so if I haven't done it in a long time?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
selurnayr416 said:
It's been a long time since I initially set this up and I'm trying to get back in to it. How do I update my cIOS? Would you recommend doing so if I haven't done it in a long time?

Personally, I recommend cIOS 38 rev 14. Just download it and launch it with your preferred method (HBC, Bannerbomb, whatever) and select Network Install (if you don't have the IOS 38 wad)

darksun45230

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm a loader newbie who is trying to play Metroid Prime Trilogy on NeoGamma. First of all I'm wondering if this is possible. Second, I use an SD Card as my backup drive but whenever I try to mount it on my Wii it comes out as an error.

Edit: It turns out that I'm a little short on memory. Even when Trimmed and Scrubbed my 7.39 MicroSD card can't hold MPT. Is there a way, any way, to cut the memory on the game? I've heard something about compression, but does that really work? I've been using WBFS Manager but it seems to only want to move ISOs.

tsantsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I am definitely a noob to wii hacks. Over the week, I used some newer guides to completely softmod my wii. got backups working and can install wads. SO i thought I would try loading games from USB drive as it just seems much more efficient.

Well, now I think I've hit a wall. Let me get this straight. Do I actually have to put a game in the wii and have USB Loader GX rip it to the drive? Is there no way to get an ISO onto the drive other than that?

EDIT: Ok, I think I just read that if I get a WBFS Manager, I should be able to add ISO's directly via pc.

NiceBloke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nuver N00b here. Please be nice
wink.gif

I copied a friends SD card after he hacked his Wii and could play backups. I've no idea where he go the original files from - but now I have the Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher Channel. I managed to play a couple of backups that I've burnt myself, but now I'd like to know more about what I have installed. If I start Backup Launcher I see it is called Gator 0.3 IOS249.

These are the instructions I followed:

BACKUP YOUR SD CARD BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE DELETE EVERYTHING ON YOUR SD CARD OR THIS WILL NEVER WORK ONLY THE FILES IN THIS PACK SHOULD BE ON THE SD CARD!!!

Put the contents on your SD Card as it is in the .rar just drag all to SD Card.

Go to Data Management then choose Channels followed by SD

Choose "Yes" to load boot.dol

LoadMii will then load.

Press "A" on the WiiMote.

Go down to DowngraderIOS35.dol and run it by pressing "A" on the WiiMote.

Choose downgrade IOS35 and then let it go, then choose exit (ignore the patchmii and dvdx)

You'll be back in LoadMii now.

Go down and run Wad Manager 1.4 by pressing "A" on WiiMote.

Just select normal settings (don't change IOS)

Install IOS35.wad.

Exit Wad Manager 1.4 by pressing "HOME"

You'll be back in LoadMii.

Run Wad Manager again, Select IOS35 when it asked what IOS to use.

Install the CIOSv7.wad.

Press "Home" to exit.

Then Run Wad Manager again.

Tell it to use IOS249.

Install IOS36.wad, BUL3g.wad & HBC.wad

You will now restart Wii to find that Backuplauncher and Homebrew Channel are installed and working. Should be all hacked now and ready to grab the new versions of CIOS (v10 atm) from yafaze.com.

So.......what exactly did I do to my Wii?

Browsing these forums, everyone seems to say install this wad or install that ISO - should I do them all/none of them. All this information is a little overwhelming, if pointing me to an FAQ is easier, do that - I can read
wink.gif

How can I make sure I keep my Wii Hacks up to date so games continue to play (like GH5 which is giving me a blue screen with a 002 error).

I have a PAL Wii running system 4.1E

I've seen talk of USB Loaders, should I use one of those?

My friend told me to run my downloaded iso files through a program called Brickblocker, which I have been doing - is that a good thing? I obviously don't want to brick my little Wii
biggrin.gif

Any help on my vast amount of questions would really be appreciated. (or at least flame me with style)

lostreverie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need 4.1 to run wii sports resort? I understand the rest of the stuff I have to do. Do any other games require a version update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: