• Views 511,564
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the Complete Soft Mod Guide and successfully soft modded the Wii a week ago. I even installed Priiloader and something else that is recommended and/or required to run Wii games off an external hard drive. However, now I'm quite confused as to what the next step is. I already bought an external hard drive and the Wii is soft modded. Looking at the WiiFlow and USB Loader GX, it seems that they can only run WBFS games and not ISO? Or am I missing something else and not understanding the threads and stuff?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geokilla said:
I followed the Complete Soft Mod Guide and successfully soft modded the Wii a week ago. I even installed Priiloader and something else that is recommended and/or required to run Wii games off an external hard drive. However, now I'm quite confused as to what the next step is. I already bought an external hard drive and the Wii is soft modded. Looking at the WiiFlow and USB Loader GX, it seems that they can only run WBFS games and not ISO? Or am I missing something else and not understanding the threads and stuff?
ISO files have to be converted to WBFS files and placed on a FAT32/NTFS drive. Alternatively you can format the drive as WBFS.

QUOTE(supersonic124 @ Jan 1 2011, 08:42 PM) On Configurable Usb Loader, How do I set it up so it reads games from both the SD card and the USB drive at the same time?
You don't.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which rev is better for playing backups from WiiFlow & CFG Loader, rev20b or rev21? I've heard some speculation that rev21 does not have the 002 fix, at least it's broken. Right now im using rev17 [249] for iso forwarder support from usb; rev20b [250][57] for COD:BO. I mostly play my games with 222rev5.1 rarely use the other 2 except when needed. I'm looking to gain ISO forwarder support again which is unlikely i know. Either way it goes is rev21 better then 20b atm?

domino-s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
ISO is the big format. CFG is fully stable with NTFS, you can even install your games directly to the NTFS partition using CFG! The new format is WBFS, the best way to convert games to it is wiibackupmanager:
http://gbatemp.net/t188295-wii-backup-manager-for-windows
That's everything you need!
A WBFS is only as big as the game, means new super mario bros wii for example is only a 382MB file
yaywii.gif

Ok, I'm using WBFS and I converted a ISO to WBFS and it only reduced the file down to 2GB. I'm not sure if i'm missing something here or the size is hit or miss.

Thank you

TheSmartGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed USB Loader GX on my Wii with firmware 4.2 by following this guide almost exactly: http://goo.gl/3lMcX However, when I try to launch any of the games I've backed up from USB Loader GX, all I get is a black screen.

I'm running version 874 of USB Loader GX. My Wii is NTSC (I think). Does anybody know what the problem might be?

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Krestent said:
geokilla said:
ISO files have to be converted to WBFS files and placed on a FAT32/NTFS drive. Alternatively you can format the drive as WBFS.

Oh so no loaders can run ISO files?

If I try to run PAL games, would the screen get messed up? From my knowledge, the difference between PAL and NTSC games is the rate at which the TV refreshes, meaning since I'm in North America, I have to run NTSC games.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok this a noob question, but how do you backup your wii? like the firmware? i might buy 2 wiis, one for me to play games and install wiiware on and one that uses homebrew. if i screw up my 2nd wii, i want to recover from me bricking it. ive heard that out of all of the homebrew made(so to speak) wii is the worst for hacking since if you fully brick it, you lose your console. im used to using homebrew on nds and ipad, but im scared to do it on wii. so once again, can i backup my wii and save it if in trouble, and is it as unstable as it seems?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
full brick protection is only with bootmii as boot2 , but all new console can not have bootmii as boot2 and install as ios.
Priiloader is only help but it is low brick protection

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
Been out of touch with the scene for a while and just updated everything using modmii (thumbs up!!!)

what's the best way to launch GCN games? I tried neogamma but it couldn't launch my backup of killer 7 perhaps I ripped/burned it incorrectly.

Is there a USB GC loader yet?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
in neogamma u may need to change the MIOS option (or w/e its called) to internal (I think, but try the different options until it works), then that will use WiiGator's cMIOS that ModMii installed

there is a GC USB-Loader, but game compatibility is not great, and its a bitch to build, and even if u do get it working, the audio will be f*cked. If you want to try it out (even though it will probably be a waste of your time), research "DIOS MIOS" and how to compile UNEEK+DI (or SNEEK+DI) with DIOS MIOS.

dnstilke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am all of a sudden having issues with my back up loader....(I have tried wii flow....config usb, and gx) all have the same issue. When I click on the game to load it, the screen locks up, usually on the loading screen of the game, sometimes I get just a black screen. Any suggestions as to what may be going on?
Wii is 4.2u
Thanks!

wintermute01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Can I use a PenDrive of 8gb to run the games normaly, instead of a hard drive?
And I saw that black Wiis can't run burned discs. Here in Brazil people sell pirated discs, not burned home, but in machines. Does it work on black wiis?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wintermute01 said:
Hello! Can I use a PenDrive of 8gb to run the games normaly, instead of a hard drive?
And I saw that black Wiis can't run burned discs. Here in Brazil people sell pirated discs, not burned home, but in machines. Does it work on black wiis?
Yeah that should work fine. The only downside is that you wont be a able to fit as many games as a HDD.
Sadly black Wiis can't run burned discs.

hazzal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely new to this softmodding thing. I got the HBC and back up loaders. I downloaded DKC returns and its stuck at the loading screen when I use usb loader gx. What did I do wrong?

bigmorty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm using USB Loader GX, Rev815, IOS 249 (Rev16).

I'm not a total rookie here, but I feel like this is an easy question that I should already know. I've searched the forums for an answer, but haven't been able to turn one up. Sorry if I just missed it.

Anyway - I'm trying to update my USB Loader to Rev1037. The download runs fine, but then I get this:

Reading WAD data... Ok!
Installing ticket... Ok!
Installing title... Ok!
>> Installing content #0... Error...-1022

Based on the error number, I thought maybe I was out of space. But even after clearing 1000 blocks, I still get the same error.

Everything else is running fine.

Any idea what I could screwing up?

Thanks, in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.