MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope someone could help me here, please:
I updated cIOS 249 to play Black Ops (from rev17 to rev20) but I forgot to disconnect my HDD from the Wii when updating, and after a few times that I played, it suddenly got hard (I have to connect and disconnect lost of times) to get recognized by the Wii.
So, I was wondering, if I transfer my games from my WBFS HDD to my PC and I format the drive, will it solve the problem? (I ask this because they're a lot of games... it would take me a lot of time)
Also, after the whole HDD thing showed up, I installed again the cIOS hoping it would solve it, and now I can't play Black Ops; what can I do with this?
Thanks in advance.

outcast22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I still haven't found a fix for my game freezes/black screens. Some help over at wiihacks said not to revirginize a wii cuz that could screw up more. Also says that I could resoftmod over existing softmod but said nothing wrong with cIOS and that its my HDD that has gone bad. Not going to argue with the man but was working perfectly til I loaded Facebreakers. Just want to ask 2 things: Is there a way to check if a HDD has gone bad before I have to buy a new one and how do u softmod over a softmod without jacking everything up to brick status?

JuggaletteENJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question; My hdd is WBFS. How do I make it FAT32. I know how to format it, but what program do I use to reinstall my data? Also, I have 2 HDDS, if I format one to fat32, can I still use the WBFS one to get my games back? How? What is the benefit to FAT32?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ultim said:
i have cfg usb loader working. Is it possible when the wii loads up, the usb loader automatically gets run? bypassing the wii system menu.
Yes! Install priiloader:
http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/downlo...mp;can=2&q=
Download this dol and copy it to your sd card:
http://www.mediafire.com/?13blknaaoztq3fa
Then start priiloader by holding the reset button down while starting the wii, go to Load/Install file, select the dol and press A to install it, go to settings, select Autoboot: Installed file, save settings and now restart your wii, it should start cfg automatically now.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded wii sports resort ciso yesterday and when i launch it thru wiiflow or cfg, i get kicked back to system menu. is this a bad rip or is it because i'm not using motion+ (just testing that the rip works before giving it out)? do i need to use a different ios for wsr (currently 249)?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
first launch it using an alt dol called "player.dol", watch the video, it will return you to the system menu when its done, then change the alt-dol back to default, and it will work

edit: beat u by 2 minutes FIX94! oooh yea!
wink.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fattest said:
i downloaded wii sports resort ciso yesterday and when i launch it thru wiiflow or cfg, i get kicked back to system menu. is this a bad rip or is it because i'm not using motion+ (just testing that the rip works before giving it out)? do i need to use a different ios for wsr (currently 249)?
That's because of the wii motion+ video! How to fix it (in wiiflow) Select the game, open the options with clicking the gear icon, select player.dol in the DOL option, start the game, watch the video,it will go back to the system menu, go back to wiiflow, go to the game options again and select the main.dol. Then the game should start normally from wiiflow and cfg-loader.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question. my cousin wants to get a dance mat to play ddr and similar games on her softmodded 4.2U wii, are there any issues with this (i.e. need to use specific IOS)?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fattest said:
another question. my cousin wants to get a dance mat to play ddr and similar games on her softmodded 4.2U wii, are there any issues with this (i.e. need to use specific IOS)?
He will need to use a different IOS. The best IOS for music games is IOS223 v4 base IOS38 merged IOS37, here is the installer:
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=8367

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, right now i believe she has v5 base 37 (recently remodded using modify any wii 4.3...), once she gets the dance mat i'll try the version you suggested. thanks

domino-s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Largest Fat32 partition is 32GB. I have a external HD with 250 GB so I can only format with NTFS, is this format useable with the latest cfg USB loader?

2) How would I minimize a ISO to be compact and still usable with a Loader? (Scrubber??)

3) What is the best/easiest scenario? (i.e Get a 32GB USB Stick?, that will only fit a limited amount of ISO)

Thank you!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
domino-s said:
1) Largest Fat32 partition is 32GB. I have a external HD with 250 GB so I can only format with NTFS, is this format useable with the latest cfg USB loader?

2) How would I minimize a ISO to be compact and still usable with a Loader? (Scrubber??)

3) What is the best/easiest scenario? (i.e Get a 32GB USB Stick?, that will only fit a limited amount of ISO)

Thank you!
ISO is the big format. CFG is fully stable with NTFS, you can even install your games directly to the NTFS partition using CFG! The new format is WBFS, the best way to convert games to it is wiibackupmanager:
http://gbatemp.net/t188295-wii-backup-manager-for-windows
That's everything you need!
A WBFS is only as big as the game, means new super mario bros wii for example is only a 382MB file
yaywii.gif

Modulok81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
n the past I played my games via NeoGamma from DVD.

Now I want to buy a HDD to play the games comfortable from HDD.

Therefore I got some questions:

Does the Wii work with this HDD:

http://www.amazon.de/Western-Digital-WDBAB...M70XNZ00SQP03F6

I would prefer this One because it is USB Powered. Are there any known problems considering the usage of an USB-powered HDD with the Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up