2. bookwormzsh

bookwormzsh Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks Riley it works.

3. mastaclass

mastaclass Member
    Newcomer

ok, i have a virgin 4.1E wii, is there any way to install WADs WITHOUT CONNECTING TO INTERNET. ( i have no wifi) thanks.

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    the only way to install wads is without internet...

did u mean to ask if u can install IOSs without connecting to the internet? If so, the answer is yes, by downloading the IOSs in wad form then installing them using a wad manager.

ps. modmii rocks, I'm not sure what u r trying to do, but w/e it is, i bet u that the modmii wizard can make it easy on u!

5. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Then you're still connecting to the internet, just on your computer [​IMG]

6. bigalbig

bigalbig Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Apologies in advance for such a newbie question, I've been scouring the forum for any mention of this, but, I don't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I've been trying to figure out what this message means:
    ERROR! - (ret = -2)

I'm trying to load an iso backup disk I've dl'd, using v60 of cfg, and I keep getting this error.

What's it mean? Bad disk burn? Bad iso? I've tried setting up the config.txt file in my SD card with fix_0002 = 1, but that didn't seem to work, either....

Thanks much in advance. Hope I've posted this in the proper spot to avoid annoying people...

7. astr0z0mb1e

astr0z0mb1e Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello All,

Just wanted to see if Wiiflow 2.2 beat [254] is the latest stable version. I believe that I read it was okay to use, but just want to make sure. Also I see in the APPS floder you have diff options Wiiflow, Wiiflow222, 223, 224 & 250. Do I have to install all of these?

Also I want to add Wiiflow to my HDD & not the SD card like it is now. I have read that I just need to add the apps/wiiflow/docs folder to the root of the HDD is this correct? I still want to use the HBC & I am not sure I can leave the WiiFlow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad on the SD card or move that.

Thanks for all of the help.

8. ysujfret

ysujfret Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a modded wii with IOS250. I use Configurable USB Loader v60 and my external hd formatted as WBFS to backup games to usb. Today when I was installing a game at 44% through it gave me a disc read error. The game is not playable and I do not know how to remove it. When I hit the button to remove it brings up the main menu and "remove game" is in blue and non-selectable. It will not let me try to install again as long as the game is still partially there. Anyone know a fix? Thanks in advance.

9. boof222

boof222 GBAtemp Fan

You can delete off your HDD if you use WBFS manager (or other prgrams like it) on your computer.

10. ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios Local "That Guy"

Netherlands
  11. gRuNt

gRuNt Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Just one quick questions, can I play gamecube games on a softmodded Wii, I have no modchip inside. I know I can't load ISOs from the USB, but if I burn a backup copy of an GC game is there a way to load it without a modchip ?

12. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Yes, with a Gamecube backup loader (NeoGamma is recommended). You'll need to install a cMIOS first.
    Also, some newer wii's don't read backup discs at all, so if your Wii has one of the new drives it's currently not possible.
    (I'm not counting DIOS-MIOS as the compatibility is

13. gRuNt

gRuNt Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    I have an ancient Wii so it reads burned disks without issues, Im gonna try neogamma then, tnx for the info.

14. biga75

biga75 Newbie
    Newcomer

I just got my wii softmodded, and have a 500gb media centre with a part formated in ntfs 120gb, is it possible to reformat it to play wii games without deleting the files i have on mt other part formatted to fat32 320gb

15. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    So you have 120gb NTSC and 320gb fat32, and you want to format the NTSC partition to play wii games, and keep all the data on the fat32 partition, correct? If so, then yes, you can do that, formatting one partition shouldn't have any effect on the other one.

However loaders now work with NTSC, so you don't have to. They also work with fat32, so you could put the wii games on that partition as well, or just make the whole drive fat32 by deleting the NTSC partition and expanding the fat32 partition (which can, occasionally, result in data loss, so if you do this, back up anything important)

16. MidniteBlaze

MidniteBlaze Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Is there a way to backup Wii or GameCube games with a DVD drive on the computer as opposed to using the Wii to send the ISO via wifi to the computer?

17. Dumont

Dumont Newbie
    Newcomer

I read that USB loader needed a fat32 active and primary partition for it to work. How will I copy a regular ISO to it? Will it read CISO or WBFS?

18. Downloaderz

Downloaderz Member
    Newcomer

Say if i want to upgrade my 2gb sd to a bigger card. Can I just direct copy the files to a new card? Would everything work the same? Also are SDHC cards supported because 2gb is currently too small to store dlc/wiiware.

19. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Finland
    Yes it would work the same. No idea about the second.

20. boof222

boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Yeah i'm pretty sure SDHC's work.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - QUESTIONS, NEWBIE, QUICK