XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the only way to install wads is without internet...

did u mean to ask if u can install IOSs without connecting to the internet? If so, the answer is yes, by downloading the IOSs in wad form then installing them using a wad manager.

ps. modmii rocks, I'm not sure what u r trying to do, but w/e it is, i bet u that the modmii wizard can make it easy on u!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
did u mean to ask if u can install IOSs without connecting to the internet? If so, the answer is yes, by downloading the IOSs in wad form then installing them using a wad manager.
Then you're still connecting to the internet, just on your computer
wink.gif

bigalbig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies in advance for such a newbie question, I've been scouring the forum for any mention of this, but, I don't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I've been trying to figure out what this message means:
ERROR! - (ret = -2)

I'm trying to load an iso backup disk I've dl'd, using v60 of cfg, and I keep getting this error.

What's it mean? Bad disk burn? Bad iso? I've tried setting up the config.txt file in my SD card with fix_0002 = 1, but that didn't seem to work, either....

Thanks much in advance. Hope I've posted this in the proper spot to avoid annoying people...

astr0z0mb1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

Just wanted to see if Wiiflow 2.2 beat [254] is the latest stable version. I believe that I read it was okay to use, but just want to make sure. Also I see in the APPS floder you have diff options Wiiflow, Wiiflow222, 223, 224 & 250. Do I have to install all of these?

Also I want to add Wiiflow to my HDD & not the SD card like it is now. I have read that I just need to add the apps/wiiflow/docs folder to the root of the HDD is this correct? I still want to use the HBC & I am not sure I can leave the WiiFlow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad on the SD card or move that.

Thanks for all of the help.

ysujfret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded wii with IOS250. I use Configurable USB Loader v60 and my external hd formatted as WBFS to backup games to usb. Today when I was installing a game at 44% through it gave me a disc read error. The game is not playable and I do not know how to remove it. When I hit the button to remove it brings up the main menu and "remove game" is in blue and non-selectable. It will not let me try to install again as long as the game is still partially there. Anyone know a fix? Thanks in advance.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ysujfret said:
I have a modded wii with IOS250. I use Configurable USB Loader v60 and my external hd formatted as WBFS to backup games to usb. Today when I was installing a game at 44% through it gave me a disc read error. The game is not playable and I do not know how to remove it. When I hit the button to remove it brings up the main menu and "remove game" is in blue and non-selectable. It will not let me try to install again as long as the game is still partially there. Anyone know a fix? Thanks in advance.
You can delete off your HDD if you use WBFS manager (or other prgrams like it) on your computer.

gRuNt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just one quick questions, can I play gamecube games on a softmodded Wii, I have no modchip inside. I know I can't load ISOs from the USB, but if I burn a backup copy of an GC game is there a way to load it without a modchip ?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gRuNt said:
Just one quick questions, can I play gamecube games on a softmodded Wii, I have no modchip inside. I know I can't load ISOs from the USB, but if I burn a backup copy of an GC game is there a way to load it without a modchip ?
Yes, with a Gamecube backup loader (NeoGamma is recommended). You'll need to install a cMIOS first.
Also, some newer wii's don't read backup discs at all, so if your Wii has one of the new drives it's currently not possible.
(I'm not counting DIOS-MIOS as the compatibility is

biga75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got my wii softmodded, and have a 500gb media centre with a part formated in ntfs 120gb, is it possible to reformat it to play wii games without deleting the files i have on mt other part formatted to fat32 320gb

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
biga75 said:
I just got my wii softmodded, and have a 500gb media centre with a part formated in ntfs 120gb, is it possible to reformat it to play wii games without deleting the files i have on mt other part formatted to fat32 320gb
So you have 120gb NTSC and 320gb fat32, and you want to format the NTSC partition to play wii games, and keep all the data on the fat32 partition, correct? If so, then yes, you can do that, formatting one partition shouldn't have any effect on the other one.

However loaders now work with NTSC, so you don't have to. They also work with fat32, so you could put the wii games on that partition as well, or just make the whole drive fat32 by deleting the NTSC partition and expanding the fat32 partition (which can, occasionally, result in data loss, so if you do this, back up anything important)

MidniteBlaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is there a way to backup Wii or GameCube games with a DVD drive on the computer as opposed to using the Wii to send the ISO via wifi to the computer?

Dumont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read that USB loader needed a fat32 active and primary partition for it to work. How will I copy a regular ISO to it? Will it read CISO or WBFS?

Downloaderz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Say if i want to upgrade my 2gb sd to a bigger card. Can I just direct copy the files to a new card? Would everything work the same? Also are SDHC cards supported because 2gb is currently too small to store dlc/wiiware.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downloaderz said:
Say if i want to upgrade my 2gb sd to a bigger card. Can I just direct copy the files to a new card? Would everything work the same? Also are SDHC cards supported because 2gb is currently too small to store dlc/wiiware.
Yeah i'm pretty sure SDHC's work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, u sure you arent a preteen?