• Views 514,955
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand this so i have a question. I downloaded the latest version of USBloaderGX and also the Latest Version of Nintendont. I have searched for other versions and tryed them and also searched for a proper forwarder for both Nintendont and USBLoaderGX. My problem is that in the options there should be a button to tell USBloaderGX to load Gamecube Games from Nintendont but the Option is NOT in the menu. I looked everywhere and i am stumped. Is it possibly an internal issue with wads or possibly a forwarder issue? Also in a scenario where Nintendont is not in the apps folder, could it be that USBloader will Not give you the Option if Nintendont is not Present? If this scenario is true then how could you fix the problem if Nintendont IS present and the button does not appear?

Last edited by JasonH,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand this so i have a question. I downloaded the latest version of USBloaderGX and also the Latest Version of Nintendont. I have searched for other versions and tryed them and also searched for a proper forwarder for both Nintendont and USBLoaderGX. My problem is that in the options there should be a button to tell USBloaderGX to load Gamecube Games from Nintendont but the Option is NOT in the menu. I looked everywhere and i am stumped.

Settings>Loader Settings>Gamecube Mode

If you don't see it you aren't using the latest version. :)

It's more helpful when asking for support to specify what revision of everything is. "Latest" could mean 3 years ago if you got it from somewhere that hasn't updated their links.

The GX forwarder is in the Releases/Forwarders section of the files. You want the 5.1 version for either Wii or vWii depending on which console you're using.

USB Loader GX repository: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/
Nintendont repository: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont

Google Code closed last year and is read-only so anything there is probably old.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Settings>Loader Settings>Gamecube Mode

If you don't see it you aren't using the latest version. :)

It's more helpful when asking for support to specify what revision of everything is. "Latest" could mean 3 years ago if you got it from somewhere that hasn't updated their links.

The GX forwarder is in the Releases/Forwarders section of the files. You want the 5.1 version for either Wii or vWii depending on which console you're using.

USB Loader GX repository: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/
Nintendont repository: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont

Google Code closed last year and is read-only so anything there is probably old.

Im Using Version R1260 of USBloader GX. Is this not the latest version?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im telling you the option is not there.

If you're using r1260 it is. It's under "Loader Settings" in the main settings menu about half way down the list right before the settings for the specific GC loaders. There's a separate section labeled "Gamecube Settings" with "Gamecube Source" and "Gamecube mode". Set source to auto and mode to Nintendont.

USBLoader_GX_ScreenShot-Sep1110294316.png

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i have is
video mode
sneek video patch
aspect ratio
game language
patch country strings
ocarina
boot/standard
quick boot
error 002 fix
return to
nand saves emulation
nand chan. emulation
hooktype
wiird debugger
debugger paused start
channel launcher
gc force interlace
dml nmm mode
dml led activity
dml pad hook
dml no disc
dml debug

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible that the link is wrong when downloading to the latest version and it takes you to an older version instead? if so is there another link to get the latest version? seems like someone could have accidentally stuck an older dol into the latest version file and offered it up as the latest version.

Last edited by JasonH,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i have is
Is it possible that the link is wrong when downloading to the latest version and it takes you to an older version instead? if so is there another link to get the latest version? seems like someone could have accidentally stuck an older dol into the latest version file and offered it up as the latest version.

The revision number should show up in the lower left corner of the screen during initialization and it's also in the top right of the credits screen. Check your custom paths setting for GC games and make sure it's set to the right folder, although I think those settings should always be visible.

The most current revision's boot.dol can always be downloaded here: https://sourceforge.net/p/usbloadergx/code/HEAD/tree/branches/updates/boot.dol
That's where the internal updater downloads from.

As for file locations Nintendont should go in /apps/nintendont/ and the games should go in a folder called "games" with the following layout:
"/games/game title [titleid]/game.iso" (or disc2.iso for 2nd disc of two disc games)

e.g.: "/games/Animal Crossing [GAFE01]/game.iso"

Last edited by GreyWolf,

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the credits it says v3.0c Ios249 (Rev21010) (D2x v10beta53-alt base56)

i swear i downloaded this from the same source you posted earlier.

im going to try this again with the link you just gave to download. If i come back again with the same problem please dont fry me.

Last edited by JasonH,

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i fixed it but let me tell you how and i think this should be in the Q/A in the USBloaderGX section. I redownloaded everything here: https://sourceforge.net/p/usbloadergx/code/HEAD/tree/branches/updates/boot.dol

when i tryed to load usbgx, it had the same problem. I then deleted both the forwarders that i had on the wii and used the wad in the link you gave me for the forwarder that was provided and installed it. Then i went back and looked again and the nintendont was in the menu. So this was a Forwarder issue, not a revision issue.

thank you for your help.

Last edited by JasonH,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i fixed it but let me tell you how and i think this should be in the Q/A in the USBloaderGX section. I redownloaded everything here: https://sourceforge.net/p/usbloadergx/code/HEAD/tree/branches/updates/boot.dol

when i tryed to load usbgx, it had the same problem. I then deleted both the forwarders that i had on the wii and used the wad in the link you gave me for the forwarder that was provided and installed it. Then i went back and looked again and the nintendont was in the menu. So this was a Forwarder issue, not a revision issue.

thank you for your help.

It is in the FAQ. You had the full channel installed and the dol on your SD/USB. :) Full channel is no longer supported. The "c" after the 3.0 indicates channel.

Reactions: JasonH

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question all, how do I setup USB Loader GX to run backups from a External Drive (the game I wanted to run is AC: Let's go to the city)? And can I use a 16 GB Flash Drive (from SanDisk)?

Evanfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Keep getting an error when trying to load homebrew apps is it down and if so is there an alternative way to access it?thanks

whynoteatcats

Trophies
XP
Country
I have searched everywhere for this...this board, every goddam board.

I am using USB Loader GX (Ver 3.0 R1260) and trying to play Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. I have used Hermes cIOS 222 V5 and installed 223 with 37.

Still doesn't work. Every other guitar hero game works, except Warriors of Rock.

If anyone can help me, I will return the favour by writing you a poem. :D

Question all, how do I setup USB Loader GX to run backups from a External Drive (the game I wanted to run is AC: Let's go to the city)? And can I use a 16 GB Flash Drive (from SanDisk)?

Here is what I did, I am a noob too but I think I got this!

You need wii backup manager (http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/) which you can use to format your drive to a magic wii friendly format. Once you have done that, you can use the manager to import your backup to your usb. Once you have done that, point USB Loader GX at your new wii friendly partition and you SHOULD be good to go!

Good luck! Let me know if you have any problems!

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have searched everywhere for this...this board, every goddam board.

I am using USB Loader GX (Ver 3.0 R1260) and trying to play Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. I have used Hermes cIOS 222 V5 and installed 223 with 37.

Still doesn't work. Every other guitar hero game works, except Warriors of Rock.

If anyone can help me, I will return the favour by writing you a poem. :D

Here is what I did, I am a noob too but I think I got this!

You need wii backup manager (http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/) which you can use to format your drive to a magic wii friendly format. Once you have done that, you can use the manager to import your backup to your usb. Once you have done that, point USB Loader GX at your new wii friendly partition and you SHOULD be good to go!

Good luck! Let me know if you have any problems!

I'm actually new to this backup thing on the Wii, but I got some experience w/ A9LH (ARM9LoaderHax) on the 3DS etc, so I'm no big noob. @Cyan is this safe?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose your question is only about the second part of the message you quoted.
Do NOT format the drive in "magic" way. There's no such a thing.

You need FAT32 (NO, you don't need WBFS partition, and NO you will not have any problem with games bigger than 4GB on FAT32).
You use Wii Backup Manager, like suggested, to add ISO to your HDD, but don't format it if it's already FAT32.
If it's NTFS, you can format it to FAT32, but that's all. don't format to WBFS.

If you have the disc instead of an ISO, insert the disc inside USBLoaderGX and choose "install" to copy the game to your hard drive.

Reactions: Procyon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/xbox-series-x-2-2tb-090117688.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR...