Hacking quick microsdhc question

AsianMemories

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will be receiving my cyclods soon and need help on choosing a card. I plan on playing TWEWY for sure, so does that mean only class 6 cards will work?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134638
is that a good choice? i know its class 4 but i hope TWEWY will work. plus i need the reader.
and anyone know the difference between a kingston 4gb and a 4gbkr?
thanks

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my class 4 kingston works fine
hasnt froze once in TWENY, have heard sandisk freeze in it all the time though

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got CycloDS and SanDisk Class 4 and no single freeze.
wink.gif

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
MicroSDHC access-times is what matters.

Speaks the truth. Class ratings have no bearing on NDS games/performance. Besides, some Adata cards (class 6, mind you) are reported to be slow in loading games and opening up the enhanced menu. (2-8 seconds for the menu). Times will depend on the specific chip of the cycloDS you get, which you can't check at all online so no use worrying about it.

Just buy the Kingston.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sticks said:
Minox_IX said:

Speaks the truth. Class ratings have no bearing on NDS games/performance. Besides, some Adata cards (class 6, mind you) are reported to be slow in loading games and opening up the enhanced menu. (2-8 seconds for the menu). Times will depend on the specific chip of the cycloDS you get, which you can't check at all online so no use worrying about it.

Just buy the Kingston.
Wait wait, if it takes that long with a class 6 wouldn't it take even longer with the slower Kingston?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Swip said:
Sticks said:
Minox_IX said:

Just buy the Kingston.
Wait wait, if it takes that long with a class 6 wouldn't it take even longer with the slower Kingston?
The classes just represent a minimum transfer rate for SD-cards, they do not say anything about highest transfer speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello