Gaming Quick back-up for MicroSD

Bently

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i'm currently using a Kingston 4GB SDHC MicroSD card for my DS Flash card, and I want to make quick back-ups of
the contents of the card. I have tried compressing it but it would take more than 2 hours to archive them.
Is there any program that would backup my files on the SD card in like 20 minutes or so?

Additional Information: The files all add up to about 3GB.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I do is that I created an "Acekard 2 SD Backup" folder somewhere on my system. Copy & paste the contents of the SD card in its entirety to that folder. That's it. Takes about 5 minutes to backup (2GB MicroSD), reads @ 10MBps; writes @ 2MBps.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jonjon95 said:
What I do is that I created an "Acekard 2 SD Backup" folder somewhere on my system. Copy & paste the contents of the SD card in its entirety to that folder. That's it. Takes about 5 minutes to backup (2GB MicroSD), reads @ 10MBps; writes @ 2MBps.
Same here...Just copy over the whole contents from Card to PC

Couple of things to note...
1) make sure you connect your card reader to a USB 2 slot.
I found out that an old PC of mine had USB1.0 on the front panel but USB2.0 in the back

2) It's best to copy over to your internal (usually C:) drive - instead of Copying over from Memory card to a external HDD
It's usully quicker that way

3) It's best NOT to try & create a ZIP file onto the same memory card you trying to compress. There really isn't a problem with it - just that 'disk access' of a memory card is slower than access to a HDD

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bently said:
Hmm ok ill try that... but my computer doesn't have USB 2.0.
It's very old. D:

You should really look unto upgrading to USB 2.0, or even 3.0 soon.

It's really easy if your motherboard supports it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm