Hacking Questions for Luma CFW. System Transfer and Customer Support

Masterof2D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have recently put Luma CFW on my o3DS and I love it. I followed the https://3ds.guide and it made it super simple even for me who is a homebrew and CFW first timer. I did have a few questions though that are not important right now but will be later down the line.

1. System transfer: At the moment I have a 3ds from Christmas 2011. I do not want to upgrade now but if I decide to later down the road is it possible? I'll most likely transfer to a new 3ds and I would like to keep at least my original apps (before homebrew) and Nintendo Network ID. Any links or tips are appreciated.

2.Customer Support: I have sent in my 3DS and other Nintendo hardware for repair many times though I have never had anything with homebrew on it. If I send in anything for hardware repair do I need to take any precautions or prepare? If anybody has had experience please let me know. Thank you!

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You can system transfer. Just install cfw on your n3ds first to make things easier.
2. I don't have any experience with sending a 3ds to Nintendo, but I would refrain from sending it into Nintendo if possible. If absolutely necessary I would remove a9lh first and restore a nand backup from before its installation using decrypt9.

Masterof2D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply. I will look more into the customer service. Its also good to know I will be able to upgrade my 3ds in the future.

Reactions: x65943

belisleian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the reply. I will look more into the customer service. Its also good to know I will be able to upgrade my 3ds in the future.
1. Backup your SD card. It will erase all content not from nintendo. You will have to install FBI or any other CIA again
2. Just restore Nand without keeping a9lh with decrypt9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)