Questions for Luma CFW. System Transfer and Customer Support

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Masterof2D, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Masterof2D
    OP

Masterof2D Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2017
    United States
    So I have recently put Luma CFW on my o3DS and I love it. I followed the https://3ds.guide and it made it super simple even for me who is a homebrew and CFW first timer. I did have a few questions though that are not important right now but will be later down the line.

1. System transfer: At the moment I have a 3ds from Christmas 2011. I do not want to upgrade now but if I decide to later down the road is it possible? I'll most likely transfer to a new 3ds and I would like to keep at least my original apps (before homebrew) and Nintendo Network ID. Any links or tips are appreciated.

2.Customer Support: I have sent in my 3DS and other Nintendo hardware for repair many times though I have never had anything with homebrew on it. If I send in anything for hardware repair do I need to take any precautions or prepare? If anybody has had experience please let me know. Thank you!

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    1. You can system transfer. Just install cfw on your n3ds first to make things easier.
    2. I don't have any experience with sending a 3ds to Nintendo, but I would refrain from sending it into Nintendo if possible. If absolutely necessary I would remove a9lh first and restore a nand backup from before its installation using decrypt9.

3. Masterof2D
    OP

Masterof2D Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2017
    United States
    Thank you for the reply. I will look more into the customer service. Its also good to know I will be able to upgrade my 3ds in the future.

x65943 likes this.
  4. belisleian

belisleian GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2016
    Canada
    1. Backup your SD card. It will erase all content not from nintendo. You will have to install FBI or any other CIA again
    2. Just restore Nand without keeping a9lh with decrypt9