Questions for If you are under 18, 30 or even 100 years old.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to trick yourself into learning how to code, try https://codecombat.com/
It's an RPG where you have to program your character to perform tasks and react to enemies and surroundings, in an actual programming language.
It covers basic and intermediate coding in Java, Python or Lua, also HTML, CSS and some web development basics, and you won't know you're doing it because you're playing a game.
It's a good place to start.
Hey that sounds fun! I might try that actually. I know some basic stuff of C, but never been further, due to time and life, mostly.

Reactions: Erikku

unlitmoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to trick yourself into learning how to code, try https://codecombat.com/
It's an RPG where you have to program your character to perform tasks and react to enemies and surroundings, in an actual programming language.
It covers basic and intermediate coding in Java, Python or Lua, also HTML, CSS and some web development basics, and you won't know you're doing it because you're playing a game.
It's a good place to start.

That is 100% awesome. It even has micro-transactions! :P

Registered, definitely going to play with it. Could be the perfect entertaining and amusing thing to do at work during down-time. Thanks!

Any other awesome links for python learning, that doesn't feel like forced learning? :P

Reactions: DeoNaught

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool, in what languages?
In many cases that is not an especially useful question.

Learn a fairly low level language and(/or) the concepts of programming and the rest mainly ends up "so this language uses static typing, oh well. Ah, must remember functions use square brackets rather than curly".
Becoming any kind of expert is another thing, and there will doubtless be some creative ways to trouble yourself and assuming libraries function in similar ways will do fun things for you ( http://debugmo.de/2008/03/thank-you-datel/ for an example relevant to here), but the ability to make useful changes in any non esoteric language (and possibly even those as well if you can get the syntax sorted in your head) is something I would say anybody that is going to call themselves a programmer can do.

Reactions: Deleted User

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I think to actually learn a programming language you need a certain mindset, which I don't have. It would be nice to be able to learn a language, however programming just doesn't seem to click with me.

I have created some basic PHP scripts, along with some Windows Batch Scrips to automate certain tasks, however i'd never class myself as been able to program.

D

Deleted-401606

so is coding a science or an art.

by which i mean can you be beaten in to learn how to code..

or born with it?

Both. You have to have the intellect to learn to code which in of itself is enough to get a good paying job,the creativity of the individual programmer is what makes it an art.

Reactions: Flame

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer @OP's question

I'm learning how to code already, in fact I already know how to code with Java, Lua, HTML(5), Python and a little bit of BASIC.

I'm in my senior year of High School and after I graduate, I will be going to college and major in Computer Programming and Computer Science and hope to further my skills in programming and to get a damn good paying job at least :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8