OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I opened this thread so the (losers) non-3DS owners can ask the 3DS owners questions they wanna know.

I can get the ball rolling with some facts:
The menu is arranged in a way that it has the "main" apps in the middle and have "sub-apps" on the top. When playing a game, you can't open any of the "main" apps without closing the game first (I did this on Lego Star Wars). However, the "sub-apps", aka Game Notes, Friends List, Notifications and Browser can by opened anytime. Except the browser, which isn't availible yet. But this (most likely) means that you'll be able to use the browser while playing games (H)

The Settings menu has calibration for the thumb stick, the 3D screen, the touch screen and the outer cameras. Haven't tried any1 of them, because if I try to choose one it recommends me not to do it unless I have problems with the specific part.

Feel free to ask q's and 3DS owners, feel free to answer them
biggrin.gif

Edit: Just wanted to throw in that you can send messages to friends on the friend list. They're limited to 16 characters but you are not limited to a vocabulary. I.e you can write what you want.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two different ones.

One for hacking (flash card ohno mai 3sd will geet bricked thing) which isn't sticky.

The other for hardware (like this thread, hardware questions) which is sticky in this section.

TheNikkoMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Well fuck me, I didn't notice. guess I'm still high on 3D
but on the other side, that FAQ hasn't been updated since January, and it looks like it upclares questions on more general questions. I think we need a FAQ about all the small details, but I don't have to be the one making it.

TheNikkoMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I don't own and I haven't tried the XL, but I can say that the top screen is muuuch wider than the DS, lite and DSi. It doesn't give you the feeling that you're playing in a square anymore.
And regarding whether it's worth it.. I have two buddies who weren't interested in the 3DS at all, but when I got it and they got to play Face Riders, they say they loved it and wanted to buy one.
I think it's worth it. Not because the 3D makes everything awesome (it does, a little), but because all of it features will make you "wow".
I think it is worth it.

Edit: I made the same statement twice. Maybe I should cut down on the drugs

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does Face Raiders work? Does it use an AR card? From what I seen it breaks holes in the walls and the faces come from many directions.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I dont really care about the 3D (I think I wont be using it that much) but the new graphics, great coming(cuz right now aside from SSFIV there's nothing good) games, and the features

I can't wait for Super Mario 3DS and hope Nintendo announce a new Pokemon and Smash Bros.
I think if I let it pass it now I wont find it in stores, I'll try to buy it before it comes out

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nobody can tell you if it's worth it because that is something entirely subjective.

I've had my friend's 3DS in my hand it doesn't feel tiny at all. I'm not an XL user though. Still, I was a little worried that the top screen would feel too small since it lost in height.

TheNikkoMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
omgpwn666 said:
How does Face Raiders work? Does it use an AR card? From what I seen it breaks holes in the walls and the faces come from many directions.
Face Riders doesn't require an AR card. What you do is you take a pic of your face (with the inner camera), and just start shooting against it while it flies around. There are 8 stages, the three I have got all have different ways to "defeat" the faces. At the end of each stage there's a boss, which has alternative ways of being defeated.
It's really fun. You actually have to turn around to hit all the faces flying around.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I think this is one of the most want-to-know question, Did the 3D effect gives u any headache or makes u dizzy or something?

TheNikkoMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
MakiManPR said:
Oh I think this is one of the most want-to-know question, Did the 3D effect gives u any headache or makes u dizzy or something?
No, and that's the funny thing. Neither me nor my two other friends even noticed anything. Not even my 7 year old brother noticed. It doesn't feel wierd at all.

TheNikkoMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I haven't tried, but theres is absolutely no reason to why it shouldn't. A flashcarts ability to play dpg isn't altered in any way, soo..
I just wanted to say that even though me and my friends, at the age som somewhere between 14-18 don't feel anything, and neither does my 7 year old brother. My parents however, at around 42, say their eyes hurt in just a few minutes.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had no headaches nor my mother either though she didn't play on it more than 2-3 minutes at a time.
I've went through a full charge in 3 and a half hours (about an hour with AR, half an hour on both Street fighter and the camera and the rest messing about with every other feature.)
I can still see the 3D well even with a "lazy eye"
Also it's awesome.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
MakiManPR said:
So it depends in if your eyes were made to view 3D or not right?
Yeah, if you're blind in one eye you can only see it in 2D, if you have ok vision your should be able to see it fine, if you have a lazy eye like I do I'd have a go of one first before you buy one.

TheNikkoMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I can't image too many eyes not being "made" for autostereostopy, but they'll probably adjust after some time. When you are first born your eyes arent used to light, they should be able to adjust to 3D images dammit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: