Homebrew Questions by a newbie

Halabi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello community,

i got my wii u this week and have totally no idea about all this cracking and homebrew and Stuff. I‘ve done searching but got too much information which i can‘t use. My questions are:

1. i have firmware 5.5.2. is there any Tutorial for installing homebrew on this system?
2. do i Need anything else than homebrew to Play games from sd Card?
3. where do i get software from?
4. can i install us software on my german device?
5. are there any risks for installing homebrew?

I excuse my many questions and thank you for your help

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all you should have just looked in the tutorial sectionof this very site for the answers lol anyway https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/ most of your questions are answered in that thread and yes you can play out of region games with zero problems. As for question three use usb download helper to get your games.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. i have firmware 5.5.2. is there any Tutorial for installing homebrew on this system? yes, linked above.
2. do i Need anything else than homebrew to Play games from sd Card? why would you want to play games from SD card? games are installed into the console or WiiU HDD. not from SD card.
3. where do i get software from? homebrew? from http://wiiubru.com and games from your own game disc, or Nintendo's servers. (yes, nintendo provides the data themselves on this console's generation, 3DS/wiiu). Not telling you to do that, it's illegal. just stating where it comes from to answer your question. nobody will tell you where to "download" illegal games or provide URLs on gbatemp.
4. can i install us software on my german device? yes
5. are there any risks for installing homebrew? yes and no. most homebrew are not "installed", they are launched from SD. what are installed are games (no risk) or a way to easily patch the console into Custom firmware. doing this can be risky if you don't follow the guides properly, or do things you shouldn't (like format the console!).

there are two kind of installed software to patch the console in CFW :
temporary (haxchi) that you need to launch manually after every reboot. no risk.
automatic (coldboot haxchi) that the console launches at boot instead of yourself. risky if you don't follow proper usage.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: