Questions before purchase

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Kanemura, Jul 20, 2010.

Jul 20, 2010

Questions before purchase by Kanemura at 7:14 PM (1,044 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Kanemura
    OP

Newcomer Kanemura Member

United States
    I'm ready to buy a card, but I thought I'd ask a couple of things before I made the plunge. I checked stickies and didn't see these answered (though I may have missed them).

a.) What is the recommended size for the mini SD? 4gb? 8gb? Any suggestions here would be awesome.
    b.) Since I have a DSLite, and probably wont get a DSi, wouldI be barking up the wrong tree with this card? From looking around across the net I'm getting mixed signals on this one. Which would be more noob friendly?

Thanks in advance!

2. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Which card are you getting SCDSONE or SCDSTWO?

3. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    dstwo+ds lite sounds sexy

you get a dsi feel with dstwo so you would have a lot of features while still using ds lite

plus other flashcarts really arent that compatible if you are taking the plunge be sure to get dstwo becuz it has the ability to run all roms

i am currently playing dqix and it had ap

i just downloaded and dropped into the microsd card and it worked fine

no lag or errors

for sd cards i recommend 8 because i have a ton of 2 and 4s and i seem to never get enough out of them

4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    a. You don't want a mini SD. That thing would be useless for you. What you do want though is a microSD. I suggest 8GB.
    b. Depends on the card. You didn't mention what card you're getting. Although if you're into playing GBA games without additional hardware and more features coming soon, then I suggest the DSTWO. If you only need the DS+GBA though, I'm pretty sure that an Acekard 2i and EZ-Flash 3-in-1 is the best choice.

5. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    for the best compatibility in roms I suggest DSTWO still he probably wont just play GBA there are good DS titles

6. portezbie

Member portezbie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The scds2 is probably the best card at the moment however at the sametime I feel like another team will release a better one at some point but who knows when that will be. I am really happy with the functionality of mine but it feels a little cheap for a 40 dollar card. It hasn't broken though so whatever.

As far as a memory card, I figure get at least 4gb. I mean for just games 2gb has usually been fine for me, but since 4gb is only 10 bucks why not right? If you plan to watch alot of video on it though than def get more.

7. Kanemura
    OP

Newcomer Kanemura Member

United States
    Oops yeah I was talking about the DStwo. Sounds like that will be the one I go for. Wife is interested in the XL, and I assume all is well on the XL with this card as well from what I've read. Thanks all for the help!

8. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The DSTWO is fine on the DSi XL.

9. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    I own a DSi XL. If I had problems with the DSTWO, I would've mentioned it in my previous post.