ROM Hack Questions about using SaltySD to randomize Sun/Moon 1.1

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZettaC
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,182
  • Replies Replies 6

ZettaC

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 16, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Trophies
0
Age
36
XP
115
Country
United States
I've recently installed Luma on my n3ds xl with the intent of playing Sun/Moon randomized. While trying to use SaltySD to access the randomized files from my SD card I'v run into some issues and have a few questions to make sure I'm using SaltySD correctly.

1) I have to apply the SaltySD patch to the code.bin I dumped from my cartridge, and if I want to also use the "without lines" patch I have to apply that in addition to the SaltySD patch to the code.bin, correct?

2) Since I am using Sun/Moon 1.1, is there a difference between the code.bin from my original game dump (before the update) and my new code.bin (after the update)?

3) I also read mention of dumping and extracting the code.bin from the update itself. Should I be using this instead of the code.bin from my game dump?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm fairly new to this.
 
I've recently installed Luma on my n3ds xl with the intent of playing Sun/Moon randomized. While trying to use SaltySD to access the randomized files from my SD card I'v run into some issues and have a few questions to make sure I'm using SaltySD correctly.

1) I have to apply the SaltySD patch to the code.bin I dumped from my cartridge, and if I want to also use the "without lines" patch I have to apply that in addition to the SaltySD patch to the code.bin, correct?

2) Since I am using Sun/Moon 1.1, is there a difference between the code.bin from my original game dump (before the update) and my new code.bin (after the update)?

3) I also read mention of dumping and extracting the code.bin from the update itself. Should I be using this instead of the code.bin from my game dump?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm fairly new to this.
1. Yes.
2. You HAVE to use the code.bin from the update otherwise you'll experience the infinite loading screen.
3. Read #2.
 
So I need the code.bin from the update, not the game, and apply the patches to that.

Should the patched code.bin be placed in luma/titles or luma/code_sections, and should it be renamed to the "title id".bin?
 
So I need the code.bin from the update, not the game, and apply the patches to that.

Should the patched code.bin be placed in luma/titles or luma/code_sections, and should it be renamed to the "title id".bin?
If you are on the latest nighly, download the ips patch that I uploaded here and place it in the luma/titles/"title ID" folder. Make sure Enable game patching is enabled in your Luma settings.

If you are on the latest normal Luma version, place your patched code.bin in your luma/code_sections folder and name it with the title ID. Make sure that the Enable region/language option is enabled in your Luma settings.
 
Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Thank you very much. My 3ds is currently finishing with game dump, so it will be a while before I can get the code.bin from the update. If I have a further issues I'll be back.
 
I applied the patch you uploaded to my code.bin and everything is working great! Thanks for your help :yay3ds:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, the game plays great and everything is randomized the way I set, but it tries to save the main file to SaltySD/sunmoon and crashes. Afterwards it says the save is corrupted and won't load unless I delete the main file first.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KunoichiZ
I applied the patch you uploaded to my code.bin and everything is working great! Thanks for your help :yay3ds:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, the game plays great and everything is randomized the way I set, but it tries to save the main file to SaltySD/sunmoon and crashes. Afterwards it says the save is corrupted and won't load unless I delete the main file first.
That's a known issue.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted