Hacking questions about LocalFriendCodeSeed b and system transfer

DrkBeam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I did a system transfer from my modded console to my friend's 3ds stock system to do the dsiwarehax, everything went smoothly but I want my nnid back so I'm going to make other system transfer after one week, this is my question, the b console (the unhacked one) started with it's own LocalFriendCodeSeed b and other stuff, but my data went to his system so right now he has my LocalFriendCodeSeed b, the problem is I could get a new LocalFriendCodeSeed b from my system when the system transfer finished, but I restored my nand backup because I forgot that, I think if I format my system won't solve this because LocalFriendCodeSeed b doesn't generate by this mean, in theory I could get 4 differents LocalFriendCodeSeed b from doing two system transfer: My own, my friend system on stock, when it generates a new one on my system after system transfer, and on my friend's 3ds when I finished other system transfer after 7 days, so can I have 3 LocalFriendCodeSeed b by any means or I just left a good opportunity to have an intact LocalFriendCodeSeed b and other unique files?

DrkBeam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by DrkBeam, , Reason: link added

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
movable.sed is moved over (for the most part) to the destination console. As far as I can tell it goes back to normal after a format, though.

You can use movable.sed to hack out a usable LocalFriendCode_B out of it, but it'll match either the source console's LocalFriendCode_B, or after a format, it'll match its own LocalFriendCode_B.

This was useful for unbanning because of people who transferred from an old console and then sold or otherwise got rid of it. They were able to pull out their old console's LocalFriendCode_B using the movable.sed.

Last edited by Cuphat,
Reactions: DrkBeam

DrkBeam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
movable.sed is moved over (for the most part) to the destination console. As far as I can tell it goes back to normal after a format, though.

You can use movable.sed to hack out a usable LocalFriendCode_B out of it, but it'll match either the source console's LocalFriendCode_B, or after a format, it'll match its own LocalFriendCode_B.

This was useful for unbanning because of people who transferred from an old console and then sold or otherwise got rid of it. They were able to pull out their old console's LocalFriendCode_B using the movable.sed.
Thanks, now I understand better, it doesn't matter what I did, I'm not risking my friend to be banned if I make a mistake in the future and I get banned.

DrkBeam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I saw the files via hdx and they indeed are differents even with a system transfer: The "secure info a" from my system are the same from sysnand and emunand, my friend's 3ds is not with my 3ds, the movable seed is different from my emunand and sysnand as well from my friend's 3ds, finally the "local friend code seed b" doesn't change even with a system transfer, I'm not worry now that my system is going to be banned just because I restored my sysnand... Thanks again for dissipate my doubs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-