Hacking Questions about hacking a wii, not from a noob

BMasterP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, for a few years back i was a bit active on this forum..... I lurked a lot, posted a little bit..... But for over a time period of 1,5 years i was active modding wii's... Wel a lot has happend, we got a baby boy he's 2,5 now. The thing is. Last year(actually 24 dec 2010) i had a house fire. our whole house burned out... http://www.omroepgel...nbewoonbaar.htm

This included my whole console collection.. 3 xbox 360(2 working jtag/flashed ixtreme) 2 wii's fully modded my ds psp old consoles like dreamcast psx snes nes.... well and the rest of the interior of my house........

The thing is the insurance just paid out... so i'm buying a wii back(if only for the sake of smg2) but i havn't touched a wii in over 2 years(modding that is, the last year i had one i just played the games on it)

Now here comes my question.... Before i left the wii scene, we had backup managers, hdd load(no GC), no sneek yet. was working on it i believe, or wii powers something with triistar if i remember correctly...... there wasn't any nand emulation...

I dont have lots of time, this post alone took me 40 minutes with my baby boy hanging my leg asking attention, I want to know what all those new stuff does, if i need it, or if i just install the modmii(or whatever it is named) tutorial and then coverflow? or something similar(forgot the app's name from wiipower)

Well i just need to know what i can and cant do with a new wii, i know it doesnt play burned dvd's anymore, not a problem, but i thought i read somewere that the new wii's(blue ones) doesnt support gc iso loading..... and i would love that if the compatibility is good....

i havnt spoken english since i left this forum a few years back, so if i sound a bit strange its coz it isnt my native language.

It would be nice if people would be willing to help me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ZJC-Poqe8&feature=g-upl&context=G28dc533AUAAAAAAAAAA

copy pasted it to youtube, coz some people couldnt watch the vid.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
You can do everything you could back then plus more (NAND emu is fully functional, for example). Im not sure what exactly has changed since you were messing with this, since I just got my Wii late last year :)

Anyway, the new blue wiis does not have the GC controller/memcard ports, and will simply spit out any GC disc you feed it. If you havnt bought the Wii yet - look for the old model (its vertical in its stand on the box, while the new one is horizontal without a stand)
It shouldnt be hard to find. And I mean buying it NEW, not used (unless you want to of course).

You still cant load GC iso's from HDD, but DML allows you to boot GC games from SD card, although the compability isnt that high - especially not for Wii's with bootmii@ios (which all new Wii's have to use).

ModMii is the best method of hacking your Wii. It holds your hand and downloads everything you need, as well as generating a custom guide for your Wii. Simply follow the guide and you cant really go wrong :)

edit; oh and that fire looked nasty :/ No one was hurt I hope? And what caused it? :O

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi,

If I were you, I would search for a wii on marktplaats.nl . Because the old models can play burned discs (ALSO GC disks and dvd movies) and lett you install bootmii is boot2 (which makes te wii almost unbrikkable). When you have a wii you can use modmii, then you schould be fine.

p.s. greetings from ulftcity

BMasterP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi,

If I were you, I would search for a wii on marktplaats.nl . Because the old models can play burned discs (ALSO GC disks and dvd movies) and lett you install bootmii is boot2 (which makes te wii almost unbrikkable). When you have a wii you can use modmii, then you schould be fine.

p.s. greetings from ulftcity

Das grappig, groeten uit doetinchem ;)

But tnxx for the reply's, the fire started somewhere with one of the cristmas lights near the cristmas tree.....
Also i think i'm going for a second hand, since i rember now reading the above posts, that i had a older wii with bootmii as boot2 instead of @ios

And i dont think i will have problems installing everything.... So tnxx

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Just take note that all black and red wiis, as well as all wiis manufactured after ~autumn -09 can not play backups from the DVD.
Also, if the Wii in question has been sent to nintendo for repair after autumn -09, theres a decent chance they have replaced the DVD with a new model (even if the old dvd was fully functional ....)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches