Hacking Questions About 3DS HomeBrew I was hoping someone can answer

Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've looked at different threads in this section but to be honest I'm kind of a noob at all of this, So, just to clarify, if you want to have homebrew and emulators and play 3ds roms, you need to be on 4.5 AND have a gateway? My 3DS is on 8.1.0 and I never made a NAND dump because it never was on 4.5 or lower. So there is currently no way for me to do any of this stuff? I have an R4i RTS 3DS and a 3DS XL golden Zelda Edition on 8.1.0. Just wondering if anyone can clear up my confusion. Thanks!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For commercial 3DS roms (no homebrew or emulators), if your N3DS version is over 4.5, then update to latest version, and get a Gateway.
For Homebrew/Emulators, your 3DS can be any version (between 4.0.0-7 and 9.2.0-20), so buy Cubic Ninja (retail only), and get the exploit for the game called "ninjhax".

Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<sigh> If your R4 can be updated to work on the latest firmware you will need a buddy w/ a DS or 4.X 3DS to do it for you. Or just buy a new one. It's good that you upgraded to 9.X for the imminent GW release, but you should have mentioned and (so we could tell you to) update your R4 or check its compatibility w/ 9.X beforehand.

I suspect, once the 9.x compatible release is out you won't care much about the loss of your R4 though. Just stay where you are and wait, it will be worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-