Hardware [Question] Will there ever be a CFW for 9.5 (and above)?

anup756

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I have a US New Nintendo 3DSXL and I believe it came with 9.2 firmware. But I upgraded months ago to 9.5. Now I see that CFW supports on 9.2. I still have my 3DS on 9.5 on the hopes that there will be a CFW for 9.5 too.

But, with everyone talking about downgrading to 9.2, I don't see that there will be a possible CFW for 9.5 or above soon enough. I don't have a problem in waiting though...

My question here is... Should I stick with 9.5 for now? If not, what's the best way to downgrade it to 9.2?

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will be a CFW for every version thanks to A9LH, but only if you dump your OTP with 2.1, which requires you to downgrade from a console on 10.3 or lower.

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
downgrading from <10.3 was supposed to be a little more risky for softbricks, but if you want to make sure you gt a working downgrade you could always get it hardmodded and dowgrade trough the hardmod

LiquidFenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can downgrade to 9.2 with anything under (and including) 10.3
make sure you download the full 9.2 firm for your region and your console type (o3ds or n3ds)
use safesysupdater to check the files (but not to downgrade!) and use "normal" sysupdater to downgrade
It's very unlikely to work on first try. if it freezes (for more than 10-30 seconds), reboot with the power button. just keep retrying until it works
EDIT: why sysupdater and not safesysupdater to downgrade you may ask?
well, you are under a risk of getting a "partial" downgrade if it errors/crashes/console turns off during the downgrade. partials made from safesysupdater have showed more often to leave browser unusable (and thus rendering impossible to finish the downgrade without another entrypoint/a cart to upgrade to a newer firmware and retry), while partials with sysupdater more often have a working browser (then just redo browserhax and keep retrying)

Last edited by LiquidFenrir,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive