[QUESTION] Unity for homebrew?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by kje123, Jan 17, 2016.

1. kje123
    OP

kje123 this title is false

Aug 9, 2015
    United States
    Seattle
  2. MasterFeizz

MasterFeizz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    Yes, kind of. The N3DS will be supported by Unity, but I believe you will need to have a license to use it. For homebrew it won't be possible.

DesuIsSparta likes this.
  3. kje123
    OP

kje123 this title is false

Aug 9, 2015
    United States
    Seattle
    Only the N3DS?

4. Shubshub

Shubshub The Shubinator

Oct 16, 2009
    New Zealand
    The dark part of your house
    Technically if you knew how and perhaps somehow Pirated the Exporter for Unity? You could make CIA files maybe

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Apps built with the official sdk would be nice too but we'll never see them. You want to know why? You would have to host them at ***iso.com. Not a good launchpad for homebrew I think.

Same thing with Unity homebrew, if its even feasible.

6. MasterFeizz

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    Using pirated stuff for homebrew only hurts the community, it should be avoided at all costs. I'm working on a game engine, it won't be anything close to unity, but it is cross platform and hopefully i'll be able to create an editor for easy homebrew development. If I never get to actually creating an editor, I will at least create a game that is a mix between Super Mario Maker and Super Mario 3D Land (with scripting support of course). Also Godot Engine would be something nice that could possibly be ported to the 3DS.

SLiV3R likes this.
  7. LSolrac

LSolrac Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/#NWF_INFO & https://developer.nintendo.com/
    Maybe not for homebrew, but; If you do some search, I believe the license is free though. And this is targeted at eShop, I remembered the first time I submitted my application I read something about full support from nintendo. That would include Documentation and maybe Tech Support?

PS : I apologize if it's a bad post. It's 4am in the morning at the time or writing, so I'm pretty tired. That aside, I urge you to do some research. Also an insight, a friend told me once the 3ds can handle a max of 15k tries at Runtime (3D)

8. MasterFeizz

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    License is not free, if you are licensed by nintendo they pay for the unity license.

9. LSolrac

LSolrac Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
  10. MasterFeizz

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    "Nintendo pays for the Unity License on Wii U for all licensed Nintendo Developers."