Convert a .3dsx into an installable .cia?

samedifference

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread title. I built one of the sm64-port 3DS branches under WSL, but the build process only seems to output a .3dsx file which I'd like to convert to a .cia and install to the home menu. I found a thread for some tool which is supposed to do that on this site, but it simply does not work (it gives me some kind of error about my 3dsx not being valid). I also found a tool that was supposed to be a forwarder for .3dsx homebrew apps, but it does not work anymore in the current 3DS firmware. Is there any guide to doing this, I feel like this should be a simple task but I can't find any other means of actually getting it done.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread title. I built one of the sm64-port 3DS branches under WSL, but the build process only seems to output a .3dsx file which I'd like to convert to a .cia and install to the home menu. I found a thread for some tool which is supposed to do that on this site, but it simply does not work (it gives me some kind of error about my 3dsx not being valid). I also found a tool that was supposed to be a forwarder for .3dsx homebrew apps, but it does not work anymore in the current 3DS firmware. Is there any guide to doing this, I feel like this should be a simple task but I can't find any other means of actually getting it done.
sm64 for the 3ds--its repo does have a way to build a cia.

Code:
make VERSION=us cia
change us to the region you're using if it's different.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc