ROM Hack Question: Transferring Gen. 4 Pokemon to Pokemon Y

Senna Koshiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a copy of Pearl from a comics and cards shop (which also had an amazing collection of action figures, vinyl records, movies, TV shows, anime, manga, video games/ accessories, and books). Upon booting it up on my 2DS (yes, 2DS, don't judge me, it was a lot cheaper...), I saw that its previous owner (Jon) hacked it via some method unbeknownst to me, had a complete pokedex, and a lv 100 shiny Arceus. I want to get a shit load of the pokemon on my Pearl game, to my current playthrough of Pokemon Y. Problem is; I only have a 2DS and this shitty laptop.

My question:
How do I transfer the aforementioned pokemon to a gen 6 game, without the use of another 2DS/ 3DS? (How to hack Pearl again might also be useful)

Thank you all in advance.

.....Also, I am a novice, as one might be able to discern :I

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The PokéBank, that will allow you to transfer Pokémon from old versions to X and Y, will be launched the 27th december. But I think it'll only be able to transfer from Gen 5 (BW and B2W2). So, if you want to transfer the Pokémon stored in Pearl, you'll have to transfer them in a Gen 5 version before (so you'll need an other DS or 3DS).

Senna Koshiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PokéBank, that will allow you to transfer Pokémon from old versions to X and Y, will be launched the 27th december. But I think it'll only be able to transfer from Gen 5 (BW and B2W2). So, if you want to transfer the Pokémon stored in Pearl, you'll have to transfer them in a Gen 5 version before (so you'll need an other DS or 3DS).

Well, thank you for the info, but I still need a way to get the pokemon from Pokebank to Y <:T

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The PokéBank allows you to store online your Pokémon coming from Gen 5 and Gen 6 games. Once they're stored, you can transfer them to your Gen 6 game (Pokémon Y according by your posts). So, getting your Pokémon from the PokéBank to Y is the primary use of the software.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thank you for the info, but I still need a way to get the pokemon from Pokebank to Y <:T
The Pokebank isn't out yet, and it'll store your Pokemon online for retrieval. You'll only be able to use it if, aforementioned, you've already transferred the Pokemon to a Generation V cartridge beforehand.

Senna Koshiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokebank isn't out yet, and it'll store your Pokemon online for retrieval. You'll only be able to use it if, aforementioned, you've already transferred the Pokemon to a Generation V cartridge beforehand.

Sounds good, but is there another way, bypassing Pokebank altogether?
If not, then I'd at least like to know how to backup my Pearl save without corrupting it, so I can actually play the game :I

Also; thank you for the info thus far ^-^

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could use a SaveDongle to backup and restore your save directly on/from your PC. It allows you to edit your save with PokéGen or Pokésav without using any linker.

Senna Koshiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use a SaveDongle to backup and restore your save directly on/from your PC. It allows you to edit your save with PokéGen or Pokésav without using any linker.

Are you implying that I can take the save from the cartridge, and put it on my comp using this?

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then I guess you'll have to start a new game without doing any backup.

Edit : Sorry for the multipost, my PC has just freaked out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...