[Question] Saving NNID.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Genesisofthewind, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Genesisofthewind
    OP

Genesisofthewind Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    Hello GBA Temp. I recently bought a N3ds that was on firmware 11. I tried to do a downgrade with my O3ds but somehow I messed up (I assume it was because I was using reinand and not a9lh.) So I failed to downgrade it. Now I have an even older 3ds that is being downgraded right now and being prepared to downgrade my N3ds.

My question is, is there any way for me to save my NNID that is currently on the N3ds after the system transfer. I have the ambassador programs on it and I really do not want to loose those.

If there is no way to do this I will simply have to keep waiting until a new downgrade is available but if there is a way to save my NNID I will do the downgrade right now.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Procyon

Procyon TheRealProcyon

Dec 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    /home/procyon

It will still be available on your N3DS, so you could use tinyformat, and then relink your NNID

3. Genesisofthewind
    OP

Genesisofthewind Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    Just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly. I have the NNID I want to keep with my ambassador software on the N3ds. I do the downgrade with my O3ds to the N3ds. I then Properly downgrade and run tiny format. That will then allow me to relink my NNID to my N3ds. (sorry about being annoying I just want to be safe.)

4. Procyon

Procyon TheRealProcyon

Dec 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    /home/procyon
    Yes, but before running tinyformat, setup all things according to the guide. That's how I did relink my needed NNID

5. Genesisofthewind
    OP

Genesisofthewind Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    You sir deserve a cookie. I used tiny format and successfully managed to get my ambassador games back. Thanks so much.

Procyon likes this.