Question regarding the multicard readers/writers

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Bloodrns, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Bloodrns
    OP

Bloodrns Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    Somewhere in Iceland
    I'm a little concerned about how the multicard readers/writers function. I have no idea about if it can be good quality or bad. I was planning on buying the Acekard 2i but it seems it doesn't come with a multicard thingy, so im guessing i have to buy that in another way. So my question is, are there bad multicard readers (as in cheap knockofs of the real thing) or is this just a simple plain product that i'snt even worth writing a topic about [​IMG]? (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728 is the order btw)

2. Purses

Purses GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2009
    United States
    Don't buy the Acekard2i UNLESS YOU HAVE A DSI. If you have a ds phat or lite, just buy the regular Acekard2 that comes with a multicard reader.

You might see a very small performance difference (speed) between card readers, but you won't notice it. They should all work just the same.

3. Bloodrns
    OP

Bloodrns Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    Somewhere in Iceland
    Ok now i'm confused, it doesn't support the DS/DSlite? So the term, "supports DS/DSL/DSi" is only saying that it can be used like the original AK2 with a little enhancement? Is this card actually just an upgrade for the DSi? [​IMG]

4. Purses

Purses GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2009
    United States
    It's backwards compatible but there is no reason to spend the extra money on it unless you actually have a DSi.

5. Bloodrns
    OP

Bloodrns Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    Somewhere in Iceland
    Alright then , i have made my decision and i will just get the Acekard 2 (trying to avoid the whole "dies" thing going on with this card) Thanks for the help [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice