NagiChan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

So i just installed my switch with the Hekate & Atmosphere, and I have a couple question.

1) how do I turn off my switch safely?
2) after I turn off my switch, can I turn it on the "regular (just power button way), or do I need to use the RCM jig everytime? Will turning on my switch the regular way harm my switch or have any potential threat?
3) I was reading about how it was not safe to use 6.2 firmware? Mine is currently on 2.3, so what step should i be careful of?
4) is it possible to run Switch backup games on atmosphere? or would I need to install ReINX? if so, as question above, is it possible to update it to the 6.2? or do i need to wait right now?
5) when they say burning fuses, what does that actually mean?
6) is it possible to play with CFW/ Atmosphere in TV mode? I read somewhere that i should always have my switch on airplane mode so I won't accidentally get update (i plan on playing only offline games, no online ones), but i thnk airplane mode doens't let teh joycon be controlled wirelessly?

I have been searching on teh forum and web, and i've seen lots of differnt type of answers, so it would help me greatly if i could get a direct response.

Thanks!

Last edited by NagiChan,

ifrit05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Press and hold the power button and press shut down
2) You can, but it will boot into official firmware, a.k.a. no homebrew. To boot to CFW, you must use the jig to enter RCM mode or enable AutoRCM in hekate to bypass the jig (you still need to run the payload, there is still no cold boot hack)
3) Atmos. and hekate both support 6.2 now
4) It is possible on atmos., but you will not get any help from anyone on here on how to install pirated games if that's what you're asking. Look elsewhere if so.
5) When the switch boots, it checks to see how many electrical fuses are burnt in the CPU (updating will burn fuses). if the count is too high for a given firmware version, the console will know it has been downgraded and will fail to boot.
6) You can enable airplane mode and then individually enable Bluetooth for the joycons/controllers in settings.

Last edited by ifrit05,

NagiChan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great,
thanks for the reply.
Also I wanted to ask, cuz im not quite famliar with this the switch.
Is there a reason to stay on my 2.3 fimware? or should I just install 6.2 Cuase im not sure if its like the ps vita, where your on firmware 3.0 but your tricking the vita into thinking its the latest firmware, is this the same thing?
and can I install 6.2 via the "officlal firmware" update, or is there a better way to install 6.2?
And so for the burnt fuses, that means unless I downgrade my switch, I'll never have to worry about burning fuses i assume?
And is there any harm by accidentally turning on to offical firmware? Cuz i am reading about all the autoRCM, and it questioning me if there is a problem if i accidentally go into OFM

Last edited by NagiChan,

ifrit05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update if you want to play newer games. There is no firmware "spoofing" like on PSP/Vita. To update/downgrade, use ChoiDujourNX; it will prevent the update from burning fuses so you can downgrade at a later date. MAKE SURE YOU READ UP ON HOW TO USE THIS! -> https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/manualupdate

The only unsafe thing about booting OFW is if you update from a FW that is below 4.1.0, it will update the game card slot, and if you downgrade at a later date the slot will be unusable on that firmware. So, when updating to a higher firmware you need to add a line to the hekate ini to disable the update, but this will disable the slot as well. (This is not a requirement if you don't care about downgrading in the future.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou