Hacking Question on SKY3DS vs CFW

nippyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys

First post here just to clarify something that confuses me. I understand the benefits of Gateway over SKY3DS but I was on 10.3 so Gateway wasn't an option.

What confuses is me is whether I will still need to use the SKY3DS card if I downgrade to 9.2 and use a CFW.

From what I have read I think that I can just put games directly onto the N3DS SD card and run them without either a Gateway or SKY3DS.

Is this correct or did I misinterpret?

Thanks!

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
hi guys

First post here just to clarify something that confuses me. I understand the benefits of Gateway over SKY3DS but I was on 10.3 so Gateway wasn't an option.

What confuses is me is whether I will still need to use the SKY3DS card if I downgrade to 9.2 and use a CFW.

From what I have read I think that I can just put games directly onto the N3DS SD card and run them without either a Gateway or SKY3DS.

Is this correct or did I misinterpret?

Thanks!
If you convert them to cia, you can install them, and it'll be like you got the eshop version.

Reactions: nippyn

nippyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys! I really appreciate responses!

Now to see if I can downgrade the firmware on 3 different 3DS's that we own without bricking them!! A UK N3DS 10.3, UK O3DS 9.9 and a J N3DS 10.3!!

Wish me luck ;)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I really appreciate responses!

Now to see if I can downgrade the firmware on 3 different 3DS's that we own without bricking them!! A UK N3DS 10.3, UK O3DS 9.9 and a J N3DS 10.3!!

Wish me luck ;)

You should keep playing with your Sky3ds for a week and then come back looking for downgrade later.

You shouldn't rush to try to downgrade and brick your systems...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Could replay Metroid, though. Amazing screen on this thing.