Hacking Question on power consumption

Joewolf2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just a quick question for you, I did look but got confused with it all.

My daughter lost her DS and M3 DS Real card while on holiday so I need to buy her a replacement now. The problem we had with M3 DS was it only use to last 2-3 hours of regular use.

What I would like to know is which slot 1 card has the lowest power consumption? I would like it to last more then 3 hours is possible, and she only uses it to play NDS games, not music or anything else.

Any help or advise will be greatly recieved.

Joewolf2

Joewolf2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the responses guys,

Maybe my daughter was using high brightness, will have to check with her. 3 hours just seemed crazy to me. Well the SCDS-1 sounds good, might have a look into that one.

Thanks

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
I find when using the SCS1 sdhc i get about 8/10 houts use and thats with a DSlite just over a week old.

However using the setup above plus a slot 2 supercard like takes the battery down to 3/4 hours , remember both cards are needed at the same time for some homebrew and the ds web browser.

I do thing microsd HC does take more power up than standard micro sd cards , also as said above if you put brightness to say number 2 (second highest brightness) and also keep volume to middle or use head phones the battery will last longer!

paul

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
True slot 2 use more battery even if not in use. But while I have no idea exactly how much slot-2 drains of the battery I know that SDHC shortens the battery lifespan by only 10-15 minutes. That's 10-15 minutes versus a ten hour battery life.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Rokamunky said:
Hey Joewolf2,
I use the SuperCard DS one. That will allow me well over 3 hours of play. I think over 5 hours is the best i have gotten from it.
That's just crazy, I think she used the highest brightness possible on her DS Lite.
lecture.gif

I use the highest too, the colors and everything is the best when using the highest brightness level.

Mine lasts the same 3 or 4 hours too, it's not really a "which card drain less" issue, so go with the M3 Real now too, she know how to handle it and it have Sakura too, so I believe she likes it.

But yeah, if she is in a place where she can't charge her DS Lite for a longer time, then yes, lower the brightness, it's common sense. But to get the most out of it, use the highest possible brightness level as everyone does.

dskid807

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My DS Lite with a TTDS and an EZ Flas 3in1 lasts about 15 hours on lowest backlight (which it stays at). I think I need to do a test. Original Game vs ROM on flashcart and with or without unused expansion pack. Both on highest brightness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh