[Question] Metal Shell Case for "New" 3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SkyChotik, Apr 4, 2016.

1. SkyChotik
    OP

SkyChotik Well-known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    I bought this case here and it sucks. The metal peels away from the plastic, and the tabs that keep the part on the top screen broke off

So, my question here is, is there another metal case, that looks good, and doesn't suck?

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    TNP New 3DS XL Case (Silver) - Plastic + Aluminium Full Body Protective Snap-on Hard Shell Skin Case Cover for New Nintendo 3DS LL XL 2015

3. SkyChotik
    OP

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    That's the one I just linked, and it broke, like really fast. I didn't even use it that much and the plastic tabs in the corners all snapped off.

4. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    I know you're asking for metal but I use the Hori Duraflexi clear case on 2 of my consoles because it fits so well, http://amzn.com/B00RZ7TC6Y
    just throwing that out there

5. SkyChotik
    OP

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, but the main reason I'm even getting a case is for aesthetics, and I don't want to use skins.

My girlfriend and I have the same model/color 3ds and we keep getting them confused when her or I don't have some sort of case on.

6. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    if you just want to tell them apart at a glance, you could put a lanyard/wrist strap or a charm in the lanyard hook of one of them. maybe that'll help until you find a better case.

7. DChronos

DChronos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    I would love to see someone machine a metal replacement shell for these systems with a coat of the non-conductive "paint" they put on circuit boards on the inside of the shell. It'd be a bit of work moving all the guts from the plastic shell to the metal one, but it'd be pretty cool and hard to break. Add a silicone rubber protective skin to it and you'd have a virtual "military grade" 3DS.

SkyChotik likes this.
  8. SkyChotik
    OP

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    I would LOVE THAT just gotta find someone to do it!