Question involving trading forum

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by riverchen, Jul 7, 2012.

Jul 7, 2012
  1. riverchen
    OP

Member riverchen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I see lots of topic giving or trading steam gifts, but it blantantly says on the top no DLC...Once i tried to trade a HIB code but my topic got locked, I'm so confused.

Also: if not in the right place, my bad please move

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Depends on what you were trying to trade it for. HIB is sort of a gray area, as it's meant to help out charities and seeing how people can pay practically whatever they want for it, it could be seen as an unfair trade.

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I believe they changed the rules to allow "dlc" and "digital" codes to be traded now.

I think it was because it's so easy to get scammed when it comes to digital goods, I could easily give you a fake code and take money off you. Also how can an admin prove who's in the right and who's wrong? One person could say "I gave him a working code and he's used it and is lying about it not working" then on the other hand the admins can't exactly test a code if it just comes back as being a dupe because there is no information of when it was used.

4. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    It's all up to staff discretion. It is a gray area, and there are no set rules about it as of yet. That is to say, they are currently being revised.

I would suggest anyone that has anything to sell that falls into this gray area PM a staff member and ask if you have any doubts.

5. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i PM'ED tjcool once about some stuff so just pm the question to a mod or anyone has color in there names

6. riverchen
    OP

Member riverchen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah i see now. Most of the trades there were 'secured' by steam trades...not codes. But some were codes. aidaunno. Thanks all