ROM Hack [Question] How to use older HANS based *.romfs files on Luma

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,
I recently found my 3ds again and thought I'd give it a spin. I happen to have some older .romfs undub files, but for some reason, I can't seem to run Hans on the new Luma. I understand that the new luma actually prevents hans from running and encourages the use of it's own layeredFS/ROMFS.

What are my options here ? is there any way to convert the HANs based ROMFS to a Luma based one ?

Thanks !

Reactions: bukhankas

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi All,
I recently found my 3ds again and thought I'd give it a spin. I happen to have some older .romfs undub files, but for some reason, I can't seem to run Hans on the new Luma. I understand that the new luma actually prevents hans from running and encourages the use of it's own layeredFS/ROMFS.

What are my options here ? is there any way to convert the HANs based ROMFS to a Luma based one ?

Thanks !
Not sure if Luma can load decrypted RomFS but you can surely extract it and use it with LayeredFS.

Nutez

Assimilator of Lumas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've not tried it myself but I read a guide on it here that advised:

BONUS ROUND: Converting existing romhacks for use with Luma 7.0
For HANS romhacks:
  • Navigate to your HANS folder on the root of your SD card

• Find your *.romfs file. Take note of it's name, as it is likely the TitleID of the game you're hacking.

• Make a new folder under SD:/luma/titles/ and name it with the TitleID of the game you're hacking.

• Copy and paste the *.romfs file from the HANS directory to the newly created folder under SD:/luma/titles/TITLEID

• Rename the *.romfs file to just romfs (no file extension).

• Enable game patching in luma's settings and you are good to go!

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not tried it myself but I read a guide on it here that advised:

BONUS ROUND: Converting existing romhacks for use with Luma 7.0
For HANS romhacks:
  • Navigate to your HANS folder on the root of your SD card

• Find your *.romfs file. Take note of it's name, as it is likely the TitleID of the game you're hacking.

• Make a new folder under SD:/luma/titles/ and name it with the TitleID of the game you're hacking.

• Copy and paste the *.romfs file from the HANS directory to the newly created folder under SD:/luma/titles/TITLEID

• Rename the *.romfs file to just romfs (no file extension).

• Enable game patching in luma's settings and you are good to go!
I've tried this. It apparently only works with Luna 7.0 and seeing that I'm on the latest Luna, I'd rather not downgrade (if that's even possible), just to get some romfs support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!