[Question] How to change language in Yo-Kai Watch (AUS) - yw1.a.fa file

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Traiver, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Traiver
    OP

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    Hey gbatemp,

I found out that the australian version has multilanguage inside. We all know that this games currently only run in english... So I searched a bit and found multilanguage files inside this file. I tried it with RF and HANS but it still doesn't work. So is there another way to change the language?

This game contains:

-English
    -Spanish
    -French
    -German
    -Italiano

Unbenannt.png

Thanks in advance!

XRaidersP and Azel like this.
  2. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I'm fairly certain a .fa is a packed file that Level-5 tend to use for there games, I believe there is a decompiler out there that works to some extent but no way to recompile the file.

3. Traiver
    OP

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    And changing every word is too much work...

XRaidersP likes this.
  4. Azel

Azel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    wooow, interesting!

5. derthomas

derthomas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Im also interested in this. Anyone? :)

6. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    I've tested to manipulate the same as i did for Hyrule, but this time it doesn't work, so there has to be something else.

7. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    its a pitty that there isnt an second language avaible at all. it so we could have just bruteforced other language with an cheat.

8. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Omfg... I would like to play a translated version. Level-5 is just annoying, if the translation is ready, WHY IS IT SO FUCKIN LONG?

@Traiver I don't know if you used it, I found this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-level-5-3ds-archive-tool.371116/ but yea, apparently we can't repack it...
    Maybe there is a way to just slightly edit the rom, in order to force it to use other languages using HANS? I don't know.

Last edited by Ekaitz, Jan 24, 2016
  9. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    Sadly the game is incomplete translated, there are a few profile folders with language and only 'EN' is filled, also not all chapters are finished :/

10. derthomas

derthomas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thats too bad. Do you think, the Aus version might be compatible with the EUR Version once its released here in Europe in terms of local fights? Since its both PAL

11. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Yes, of course. Those are both European releases. The only difference is that the Australian release is just an "incomplete" release in terms of translation.
    Are there incompatibilities with jap/us releases? It would be strange, games like Pokemon did not have that kind of issue.