ROM Hack [Question] How to change language in Yo-Kai Watch (AUS) - yw1.a.fa file

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey gbatemp,

I found out that the australian version has multilanguage inside. We all know that this games currently only run in english... So I searched a bit and found multilanguage files inside this file. I tried it with RF and HANS but it still doesn't work. So is there another way to change the language?

This game contains:

-English
-Spanish
-French
-German
-Italiano

Unbenannt.png

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: XRaidersP and Azel

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested to manipulate the same as i did for Hyrule, but this time it doesn't work, so there has to be something else.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its a pitty that there isnt an second language avaible at all. it so we could have just bruteforced other language with an cheat.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Omfg... I would like to play a translated version. Level-5 is just annoying, if the translation is ready, WHY IS IT SO FUCKIN LONG?

@Traiver I don't know if you used it, I found this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-level-5-3ds-archive-tool.371116/ but yea, apparently we can't repack it...
Maybe there is a way to just slightly edit the rom, in order to force it to use other languages using HANS? I don't know.

Last edited by Ekaitz,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly the game is incomplete translated, there are a few profile folders with language and only 'EN' is filled, also not all chapters are finished :/

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats too bad. Do you think, the Aus version might be compatible with the EUR Version once its released here in Europe in terms of local fights? Since its both PAL

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thats too bad. Do you think, the Aus version might be compatible with the EUR Version once its released here in Europe in terms of local fights? Since its both PAL

Yes, of course. Those are both European releases. The only difference is that the Australian release is just an "incomplete" release in terms of translation.
Are there incompatibilities with jap/us releases? It would be strange, games like Pokemon did not have that kind of issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4OywilYauQ