Homebrew [Question] How does one back up games that don't normally work with SVDT?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A majority of the games that I own or have as a cia, I can back it up with SVDT, JK, Savefiler, ect. However, some games i cannot backup. (mainly Shantae and other Wayforward games) I believe it has to do with them not being cryptofixed. Is there some other method of save data backing that i could use on games like this?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A majority of the games that I own or have as a cia, I can back it up with SVDT, JK, Savefiler, ect. However, some games i cannot backup. (mainly Shantae and other Wayforward games) I believe it has to do with them not being cryptofixed. Is there some other method of save data backing that i could use on games like this?
I'm pretty sure the CIA version of JKSM works with every game, but if your only option is the homebrew launcher, I don't think there's a way to backup every game.

Reactions: Stephano

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some titles (like FE: Fates) use what's called 9.6 seed encryption to protect their content. If you're using the Homebrew Launcher for save backups, then this website is the answer to your problem: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls This will also allow for any homebrew launcher based app to work with the 9.6 seed encrypted games. Apps installed as a cia should be able to extract saves from anything, so they need no fixing.

Reactions: Stephano

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the CIA version of JKSM works with every game, but if your only option is the homebrew launcher, I don't think there's a way to backup every game.
I should have been more clear. The Save data is a 3ds which does not have custom firmware. However I did not know JKSM worked for every game. Thank you for your reply

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some titles (like FE: Fates) use what's called 9.6 seed encryption to protect their content. If you're using the Homebrew Launcher for save backups, then this website is the answer to your problem: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls This will also allow for any homebrew launcher based app to work with the 9.6 seed encrypted games. Apps installed as a cia should be able to extract saves from anything, so they need no fixing.
Ill check it out. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In other news GeForce experience is still shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In other news GeForce experience is still shit