[Question] How does one back up games that don't normally work with SVDT?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Stephano, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Stephano
    OP

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Engineering Prison
    A majority of the games that I own or have as a cia, I can back it up with SVDT, JK, Savefiler, ect. However, some games i cannot backup. (mainly Shantae and other Wayforward games) I believe it has to do with them not being cryptofixed. Is there some other method of save data backing that i could use on games like this?

2. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    I'm pretty sure the CIA version of JKSM works with every game, but if your only option is the homebrew launcher, I don't think there's a way to backup every game.

Stephano likes this.
  3. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Some titles (like FE: Fates) use what's called 9.6 seed encryption to protect their content. If you're using the Homebrew Launcher for save backups, then this website is the answer to your problem: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls This will also allow for any homebrew launcher based app to work with the 9.6 seed encrypted games. Apps installed as a cia should be able to extract saves from anything, so they need no fixing.

Stephano likes this.
  4. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    I use FBI in these games. Always works, just browse th the save game and copy to somewhere

5. Stephano
    OP

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Engineering Prison
    I should have been more clear. The Save data is a 3ds which does not have custom firmware. However I did not know JKSM worked for every game. Thank you for your reply

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ill check it out. Thank you.