[Question] gameuser.ini GTA Trilogy

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not only getting heavy stuttering on III, but sometimes it just pauses there for 20-30 seconds, loading the city chunks (I guess), most of the times crashing after that.

This port is insanely bad.

JustMulti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The mediafire link works just fine, there is no need to be registered.
Here it is:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kbt3...1.0.3_Switch_Graphics_Mod_14.11.2021.zip/file

Important! Make sure you have overclocked your GPU to 384Mhz or 460Mhz in sys-clk-manager before launching the game or else it will fail to load.
Also here are my settings for sharper picture in handheld more:

View attachment 284849
Even with the overclock this is crashing before loading, any ideas?

JustMulti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The mediafire link works just fine, there is no need to be registered.
Here it is:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kbt3...1.0.3_Switch_Graphics_Mod_14.11.2021.zip/file

Important! Make sure you have overclocked your GPU to 384Mhz or 460Mhz in sys-clk-manager before launching the game or else it will fail to load.
Also here are my settings for sharper picture in handheld more:

View attachment 284849
Even with the overclock this is crashing before loading, any ideas?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
good luck then lol
So first bottleneck is GPU. I have eliminated it by applying my exefs patch I have uploaded to first page and doing OC to 1785/768/1600 (on GPU 460 it was still rarely peaking at ~100%)
Next I have stubbed changing clocks by game with SaltyNX patch that I made to not have random GPU drops in clocks.
After that I was testing my test package that consisted of main PAK having only one file and patch PAK containing all files decompressed.
And either I'm under placebo effect, or uncompressed files are giving slightly better results = less random framedrops. It's not that much of difference though. I would need to have some place with straight road that is alwasys giving bad results because of streaming issues to test it properly. At least with uncompressed package never had drop under 28 PFPS.

Loading times are slightly longer with uncompressed PAK.
So it's not worth it when main bottleneck lays in GPU optimizations.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I make it work for vc, interesting mod, at mac with overclock it runs but and need no antialiasing to look kinda good on docked....At minimum it KINDA wants to runs at ah high FPS and it show a little....i could not make it work for SA i dont think it should right?

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
And either I'm under placebo effect, or uncompressed files are giving slightly better results = less random framedrops. It's not that much of difference though. I would need to have some place with straight road that is alwasys giving bad results because of streaming issues to test it properly. At least with uncompressed package never had drop under 28 PFPS.
Sometimes it is difficult to rule out if it is because of the MicroSD, pack all the changes into an NSP and install it from the NAND to see if it goes better.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's only for VC for a reason
It seems that water puddles were entirely removed from the game, perhaps that drains way too much GPU, Im guessing modders are gona try to make the switch version be better with regular mods to add stuff like missing songs or returning the water puddles.........maybe.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first bottleneck is GPU. I have eliminated it by applying my exefs patch I have uploaded to first page and doing OC to 1785/768/1600
Next I have stubbed changing clocks by game with SaltyNX patch that I made to not have random GPU drops in clocks.
After that I was testing my test package that consisted of main PAK having only one file and patch PAK containing all files decompressed.

Loading times are slightly longer with uncompressed PAK.
So it's not worth it when main bottleneck lays in GPU optimizations.
would it be possible to ask you to make a tutorial of how you accomplished it so I could try it for myself? it sounds like they do indeed load the same way as the old versions but can't take as much of an advantage of it due to the new graphics but driving still should be a bit smoother with less/quicker object pop in

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
would it be possible to ask you to make a tutorial of how you accomplished it so I could try it for myself? it sounds like they do indeed load the same way as the old versions but can't take as much of an advantage of it due to the new graphics but driving still should be a bit smoother with less/quicker object pop in
Download Unreal Engine 4.26
Rest I will write tomorrow.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
if they modified main and it is so heavy, it must have taken a long time to decompile it. I guess the other 2 games will take a while

Reactions: davy123

davy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i don't
if they modified main and it is so heavy, it must have taken a long time to decompile it. I guess the other 2 games will take a while
I don't understand how this game couldn't run 60 fps in the first place its so weird a game like gta iii vc and sa aren't able to go beyond 30 fps

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Download this and unpack:
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/gta-repack-zip.284991

Follow the "Requirements" tab from this tutorial for v11 PAKs to get UnrealPak. Put those files inside v11/2/3 in gta-repack folder
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-unpack-and-repack-unreal-engine-4-files.531784/

Put .pak files from romfs/Project/Content/Paks to PAKs folder inside gta-repack folder
Run "Start.cmd"
At the end you should get "pakchunk0-Switch.pak" and "pakchunk0-Switch_0_P.pak" in gta-repack folder (not in PAKs folder) that you need to put to Switch.

Don't use it for anything else than GTA 3 1.0.2
Otherwise you risk game crashes.

Attachments

• GTA-Repack.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 73

Stepik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
In multiplatform games usually all platforms have the same options defined in main options file with specific per platform info which options should not be showed. Just find what is defining visibility and override it.
Can you unlock graphic settings for SA?

Stepik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
im tellin you it wont work with my gta sa save, its in this line right?

Graphics=(Visuals=1,SimulationScale=1,Streetlights=1,headlights=2,ResolutionPercent=70.000000

i change it from 70 to 100 and it reverts back + u can tell it didnt work ingame after re-injecting
For working you'll need to change two values with notepad++: ResolutionPercent= and sg.ResolutionQuality= in GameUserSettings.ini

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD